seventy five

"Chaeyoung?"

"Yeah?" Chaeyoung asks, not looking up from her sketchbook. She's in the middle of a sketch of Lisa, her girlfriend sat across from her, reading a book, unaware that Chaeyoung is drawing her. "Are you okay?"

Lisa sighs, and Chaeyoung worries a little. If Lisa is upset, that'll make Chaeyoung sad, too. She hates seeing Lisa upset. "I'm just so... happy."

"Oh," Chaeyoung grins when she realises it was a happy sigh. "Well, um... I'm glad. Can I keep drawing now?"

"I have questions," Lisa continues, as if Chaeyoung hadn't spoken, "for you."

"Um..." Chaeyoung keeps drawing, because she can answer questions and draw at the same time. "Okay. What do you want to ask me?"

"Well, first of all," Lisa shifts closer to her, and Chaeyoung looks up to smile at her, "I want to know where the hell we're going to live when we're in college. Because, you know, we have a month and a half until we're there."

"Oh, well, I've been looking at places with my dad." Chaeyoung says. "Pet friendly places. So Hank and Leo can come with us."

Chaeyoung looks over at her two dogs with a smile. She loves them both so much. Lisa follows her gaze with a smile. "Well, yeah. But... have you found anywhere?"

"Well, there's this one place I like, I'll show you later," Chaeyoung assures her, because right now, she's sketching. "Anyway, what are your other questions."

"Okay, next one is," Lisa pauses for a moment, before she smiles and says, "Can I take your name?"

Chaeyoung frowns. "You want to be called Chaeyoung? No. I already told you, I don't like when people have the same name as me, because I'm Chaeyoung."

"No, I don't mean like that," Lisa laughs. "I mean, like... I want to be Mrs Park. When we get married."

"Oh," Chaeyoung blushes, because it means a lot that Lisa would want to take her name. Chaeyoung was quite uncomfortable with the idea of changing her name to something else, because names are set, they're not supposed to change, and she hates changes. She was going to suggest that Lisa stay as Lalisa Manoban, and Chaeyoung would stay as Park Chaeyoung.

She likes this plan a lot better.

Lisa takes Chaeyoung's free hand. "Is that a yes?"

"Oh- um, I-" Chaeyoung stutters. "You'd want to be... Mrs Lalisa Park?"

"Yeah." Lisa answers with a smile. "Because it's like... everyone would know I'm yours. I would introduce myself as Mrs Park. Yeah, I'm Mrs Park, and this is my beautiful wife, Mrs Park. No, I took her name when we got married twenty years ago."

Chaeyoung hums in thought. "I like that idea a lot. You- you being Mrs Park. You can... you can take my name if you want."

Lisa smiles. "Perfect. I can't wait to tell everyone oh, sorry, I'm not Lalisa Manoban anymore. Yeah, I got married. Who's the lucky lady? Well, it's Chaeyoung, obviously. My Chaeyoung."

"Your Chaeyoung," Chaeyoung repeats, a little dazed, because she likes being Lisa's. "I am your Chaeyoung. Forever and always."

Lisa pulls Chaeyoung in for a kiss, and the older girl drops her pencil in favour of cupping Lisa's jaw with her hands and pulling her in closer. They part, and Chaeyoung gazes into her girlfriend's eyes for a few moments, because she's comfortable looking Lisa in the eye. She knows that eyes are supposed to be the windows to the soul, and that they let people see what you're thinking, and she wants Lisa to know what she's thinking.

Chaeyoung would trust Lisa with her life.

Lisa kisses her cheek. "You know, I always get really happy when Irene calls me your Lisa, when you guys are talking. Like, hearing other people be like, that's Lisa, she's Chaeyoung's... it just makes me really happy."