nineteen

Lisa arrives in the art room with Somi, laden with both her and Chaeyoung's lunches. "So are you going to go out with Will, then?"

"I don't know," Somi holds the door open for her and Lisa sends her a grateful smile, because there's no way she'd be able to open it herself. "I'm thinking about it."

"I mean, you could have fun," Lisa suggests, "that was why I said yes to Lucas initially. The possibility of fun."

Somi raises her eyebrows. "And why'd you say yes to Chaeyoung initially?"

"Oh, because it was certain I'd have fun with her." Lisa replies, dropping the food on their regular table, Chaeyoung the only one occupying it since she'd done extra art during her free period. "Hey, Rosie. We're talking about how Somi should stop being so single and go out with this guy who asked her out."

"I'm thinking about it." Somi repeats as Lisa gives Chaeyoung her lunch. "I don't really know him. He could turn out to be weird."

"Or he could turn out to be the love of your life," Lisa counters, aware of how unrealistic the idea is. "There's all sorts of amazing possibilities out there."

"Are we talking about Somi's love life?" Jisoo asks with a grin as she sits down. "Because that was practically non-existent after the SoLi break up."

Lisa blinks in confusion. "SoLi? Should I know what that is?"

"It's her ship name for Somi and her ex, Liam." Jennie explains, sitting down in the remaining seat next to Chaeyoung. "Like how her ship name for you and Chaeyoung is Chaelisa and she's the self-proclaimed captain." Jisoo grins, "Yeah, because if it wasn't for me, you wouldn't have gone to Chaeng's when she was on her pain meds and you two wouldn't have decided to go on a date. So there. I'm the rightful captain."

"I guess so," Lisa replies, before turning to her girlfriend, who has been exceptionally quiet as she eats her food. "Rosie? Are you okay?"

Chaeyoung finishes off her sandwich and nods, not saying a word. It worries Lisa a little, and she isn't sure if Chaeyoung's being truthful, because if she was okay she'd be her usual rambly self. Right?

"Are you sure about that?" Lisa asks. "You're being really quiet."

Chaeyoung opens her mouth and then closes it again, her jaw working like a fish out of water. Then, she blurts out, "I want to paint you."

That was the last thing Lisa had been expecting, but whatever, she can go with that. "Okay then. When?"

"I- um, at my house," Chaeyoung says, rocking on her chair, "tonight. But- are you sure?"

"Of course I'm sure," Lisa laughs, "I'm your muse, remember? Besides, it's not like you haven't drawn or painted me before."

"N-no," Chaeyoung stutters and looks down at her feet, "that's not what I meant. I meant I wanted to paint on you. On your back."

"Oh," Lisa blinks, thinking back to a few pictures she's seen on Tumblr of back paintings. She knows that Chaeyoung's an amazing artist, so she figures why not. "Okay. That's fine. I'll come home with you and you can paint my back."

"But you- you'll have to be topless," Chaeyoung looks at her like she's crazy before moving her gaze back down to her hands, clenching and unclenching her fingers. "You'll have to be topless and I might- um, see things. That you don't want me to see."

Lisa laughs, and lowering her voice because they're in company, asks, "Rosie, are you worried you'll see my b-"

"No, don't say that," Chaeyoung is quick to interrupt her and shakes her head, "I don't- I'm not sure if it's okay for you to be topless around me. I could- um, you could always roll your shirt up, but it might get messy and... I just don't know, Lili."