sixty seven

To Lisa's complete surprise, she actually makes it through exam season. She has a few blips - one of them when she's studying with Chaeyoung and gets super stressed, throwing all of the books and worksheets off the table in a fit of rage - but other than that, she's relatively okay.

(Probably because Chaeyoung's always there to bring her back to earth.)

After their last final, Lisa and Chaeyoung spend their last week as high school seniors goofing off, and before they know it, graduation day has arrived and she's rolling her eyes as Chaeyoung is refusing to wear her graduation cap.

"I don't like it," Chaeyoung scowls as Lisa pushes it onto her head, "It feels weird. So does this gown, why do we have to wear these, they're not made of nice material. Can't I just wear one of my sweaters?"

Lisa laughs. "Rosie, you're valedictorian. You can't show up in a sweater and jeans."

"Why not?" Chaeyoung pouts. "I like my sweaters, they're nice and cuddly."

"Well... I'll make a compromise. Go upstairs, take off the t-shirt you have on under there and put a sweater on." Lisa says. "You might get too hot, but you love wearing clothes that'll possibly give you heatstroke, so I'm guessing you'll be fine."

"No, I don't want to wear this at all, it's annoying," Chaeyoung complains. "I just want to wear one of my sweaters. Why can't I?"

"Because this is like, tradition or something," Lisa shrugs, "and you're valedictorian. You have to set a good example for everyone. Actually, have you- have you got your speech prepared? And how are you feeling about it? Nervous or are you okay?"

Chaeyoung blinks at her. "You asked too many questions. Which one would you like me to answer first?"

Lisa smiles and kisses Chaeyoung's forehead. "Have you got your speech prepared?"

"Yes," Chaeyoung nods, "It's- it's not super long, but... I think it's okay. My dad offered to proof read for me, but- but if I'm valedictorian, obviously I can proof read it myself, because I have a 5.0 GPA."

Lisa tries hard not to laugh at what's basically her girlfriend's catchphrase. "Mhm. Anyway, how are you feeling about it?"

Chaeyoung frowns. "About what?"

"Making your speech," Lisa clarifies, squeezing Chaeyoung's hand, "public speaking."

"Oh," Chaeyoung shrugs and looks down at her feet, "I mean... I'm- I'm not really scared about it, but I'm still nervous. Because- because obviously the school think I'm capable of making it or- or they wouldn't have picked me."

"True," Lisa nods, "but are you sure you're going to be alright? I want to be on guard in case you need me."

"I think I'll be fine. I- I might stutter, but... but that's okay," Chaeyoung replies, "I managed to do that speaking presentation in Thai, and that wasn't too bad. We still got an A, even though I stuttered. So... I'll be alright. I believe in myself."

"I believe in you, too," Lisa promises her, "I think it'll be a great speech. Do I have any mentions in it? Because, I mean, I want everyone to know how amazing I am."

Chaeyoung stares at her. "Are you joking?"

"Yes, Rosie," Lisa laughs, "I'm joking. I'm not that egotistical. I am a pretty good girlfriend, though. I'll give myself that."

"No, I think you're amazing! It was just- your tone was weird." Chaeyoung explains herself, and Lisa's stomach flips at her girlfriend's words. "That's why I thought you were making a joke. I do mention you, though."

"You do?" Lisa blinks in surprise. "Really?"

"I don't lie, Lili, I suck at that," Chaeyoung reminds her, "I mention you, that's what I said."