Chapter Thirty Eight

Genevieve’s P.O.V
It was the next day and I was in the Great Hall eating breakfast and reading the Daily Prophet until I had noticed Draco standing in the middle of the room as he looked panicked until Harry noticed him just before Draco rushed out of the Great Hall and Harry followed not long after and I had done the same as I knew this wasn’t going to end well as I rushed to try and catch up to the both of them and by the time I had finally found them in one of the bathrooms, Draco was already lying on the floor bleeding out as the water surrounded him, “bloody hell Harry what happened and please tell me you didn’t do this” I asked him as he just stood there staying silent, “you did do this, for christ sakes Harry why, you could of bloody murdered him” I said as I went towards Draco, “he cursed Katie”, he said as it looked like he had no emotion until Professor Snape came and rushed to Draco and Harry soon left the Bathroom, “what Happened to him” he asked before he began to say the spell to heal Draco, “I-I don’t know, by the time I got here, he was already like this” I told him as we took him to the Hospital Wing, “alright, you go have a chat with Potter, I deal with Malfoy” he said before telling Madam Pomfrey what happened as she brought led him to one of the beds to lay Draco on and I rushed to find where Harry ran off to. By the time I finally found him, he was wandering one of the Hallways and I soon caught up to him, “Harry, Harry stop” I said as I grabbed his shoulder and he turned to face me, “what makes you think Malfoy had anything to do with what happened to Katie, you have no proof of this” I said even though I know he’s right about it and he let out a heavy sigh, “because I overheard you talking with him before you arrived at Professor Slughorn's Christmas Dew before the Holidays” he said and I looked at him in shock, “I beg your pardon” I said taking a step back, “you heard me, and I doubt that him not having a choice, he’s a bloody Death Eater Genny so I bet he’s lying about what he told you that night” he said and I said nothing for a while, “you think I don’t know what he is. For bloody sakes Harry why would he ever want to do this, he barely knows the girl. you know he was right, he was right about you not understanding how he felt about all of this, I could tell in his voice that he was scared of what would happen if he didn't do whatever You-Know-Who asked him to do” I said to him not knowing what else to say and I could tell that he had nothing else to say either, “you know what I’m done with this conversation, I don’t want you to be late for class” I told him and he slowly walked away and I began to feel bad for yelling at him about what happened and I soon decided to find Snape to see how Draco was doing.

By the time I found Snape, he was still in the Hospital Wing talking with Madam Ponfrey and I walked up to the both of them and spoke up, “how is he doing” I asked her, “he’ll be fine, he just needs rest and medicine to ease some of the pain so he should be fine by tomorrow at the latest” she said and I nodded, “alright, thank you” I said and she nodded before walking away, “so what happened with Potter” Snape asked soon after she left, “well we argued about what he did and that he had no proof about what happened with Katie when she was given the Necklace but then he mentioned that he overheard me talking with Draco before Slughorn’s Christmas Dew Party” I told him and he looked at me confused, “what do you mean he overheard you talking with Mr. Malfoy” he said sounding irritated, “well, before I went to Slughorn's Christmas Party I noticed that Draco was sitting alone and I just wanted to make sure that he was alright because he looked upset or something and then I told him that I know that whatever happened to Katie wasn’t his fault and that I know that whatever he’s trying to do, I know he he isn’t doing whatever it is on purpose” I told him and he just stared at me, “and how do you know who gave Miss. Bell  the Package” he asked me, “she told me Draco gave it to her to give to Dumbledore” I answered, “now you listen here Miss Genevieve, stay out of Draco’s business from now on do you understand me” he said sounding angry and I just nodded before he rushed out of the Hospital Wing and I just took one last look at Draco making sure that he was alright before leaving myself until I had bumped into Professor Slughorn, “oh, I’m sorry Professor, I guess I wasn’t paying a attention to where I was going” I said with a chuckle, “no worries, would you mind helping me with something now that you’re here” he asked and I nodded, “ya sure” he said and I followed him until we walked up to one of the Green Houses, “would you mind holding this up for me” he asked and I did so, “sir, are you sure we should be doing this” I asked as I looked both ways, “it’ll be alright, I’m just clipping off a few leaves for academic purposes” he said as he clipped a few leaves from one of the plants until I noticed Harry walk by until he stopped and walked up to us as he soon startled Professor Slughorn and I chuckled a little, “Merlin's beard Harry, and that wasn’t funny” he said and I continued to laugh a little, “it was a little funny” I said before calming down, “sorry sir, I should have announced myself, clear up my throat, couched maybe. You Probably feared I was Professor Sprout'' Harry said as I began to see that something was different about him, “yes I did actually, what makes you think that” Slughorn asked, “just the general behavior sir, the sneaking around, the jumping when you saw me, having Genevieve as a look out. Are those tentacula leaves sir, they’re very valuable aren’t they” Harry said along with switching the topic, “Ten Gallions a leaf to the right buyer, not that I’m familiar with such back Alley transactions but one does hear rumors my only interests are purely academic of course” Slughorn said as he looked both ways in the Green House, “well personally, these plants always kind of freak me out” Harry said before walking away before I began to realize that it was getting late and found out that I wasn’t the only one thinking it, “exactly how did you get out of the Castle Harry” Professor Slughorn asked, “ya isn’t past curfew or something” I said after as I closed the window, “oh through the front doors, I’m off to Hagrid’s you see he’s a very dear friend and I just fancy paying him a visit. So if you Two don’t mind I will be going now” he said before walking away again, “is it just me or does he seem off to you” I whispered to Professor Slughorn, “I’m not entirely sure” he answered before we decided to follow him, “Harry” Slughorn said as Harry turned around, “sir” Harry answered, “I believe Miss Genevieve here might be right, it’s nearly nightfall. Surely you realize I Neither one of us can allow you to go roaming the grounds by yourself” Slughorn told him, “well then by all means some along” Harry said as Professor Slughorn turned to face me and I shrugged not really knowing what to do before he checked behind us before we soon followed him to Hagrid’s.