Chapter 4

Isabella Rose

As my senses awaken, my eyes slowly flutter open adjusting to the dim light. I attempt to reach out to rub my eyes, before I realise I can't move my hands. That's when panic fills me.

My eyes completely snap open, as I become fully alert. I shake my wrists vigorously trying to loosen the ropes tied around them, but it's no use. I'm stuck in this chair in what looks like a basement.

"I would advise you to stop doing that. Your basically asking for bruised wrists". My head quickly turns in the direction, only to be greeted by the devil himself. He sits on a chair comfortably in the corner, one leg crossed over the other with a drink in his hand. He looks so powerful it scares me.

"Although, bruised wrists are nothing compared to what's yet to come" he says as he slowly gets up. With every slow step he takes towards me, my heart rate starts increasing even more. How could I be so careless, to a point where I'm stuck at someone's mercy. I promised myself I would never come close to being weak ever again. But here I am.

"What is your problem? Why have you kidnapped me?" I sneer at him. I wasn't going to let him see my fear.

For some reason, my questions make him smirk. He stops walking in front of me, reaching out and tilting my chin up. "una ragazza così bella" he mumbles in Italian.   (Such a beautiful girl)

Did he just call me beautiful? He clearly doesn't know that I can speak Italian. I guess I should keep it that way for my own benefit.

"I said, why the fuck did you-". "Shhhh amore. You are in no position to question me. I will be the one asking the questions" he says as he places his finger on my lips.

"So, first question. Who are you?" He asks with his eye brows raised. Right now I have two choices. Either I can spill the whole truth. Or I could lie. I guess I'll go with my safest option.

"Daisy Hill" I mumble, looking him in the eye so he doesn't realise I'm lying. "Daisy?" He repeats. "That's what I said didn't I", I mutter rolling my eyes.

I look away before I feel him forcefully cup my cheeks, with just one large hand. It felt rough, reminding me of his status and power. I was playing with fire and I had to be careful before I got burnt. But who am I kidding, I loved playing with danger. After all, it's the only thing I've faced my whole life.

"I'll let this pass because you don't know who I am. But if there's one thing about me, it's I do not tolerate disrespect" he spits out. Oh the irony. I know exactly who you are. It's you who doesn't know me.

I don't bother replying, it's better to control my smart mouth. He smirks at me, pleased with my response. He won't be for too long.

"So, Daisy, why were the Russian men after you?".  "I don't know. Do you want me to go ask them? Oh wait they're in hell. Guess we'll never know".

Shit. I guess even I don't know how to control my own self.

His jaw immediately clenches whilst his hand grabs a lock of my hair, yanking it harshly so I was looking completely up, my eyes connecting with his. "I see you have a smart mouth, maybe I should put it to good use in other ways". I feel my heart drop at that. He wouldn't, would he? His neck lowers so his mouth was directly above my ear, "What do you think about that, Daisy?" He whispers.

Okay, I think it's time I stay quiet. I can't risk handling anymore of that type of trauma. He seems to notice the sudden change in my reaction, and takes a few steps back releasing my hair.

"I have my answer, now, back to the question. Why were the Russian men after you?" He repeats.

"I honestly don't know. I was just getting some dessert when they started coming after me" I quietly say. "Hmm. But why you?", he says putting emphasis on the word 'you'.

"What do you mean by that?" I ask as if I was confused, but I knew exactly what he was trying to say. "Those men that were after you, they belong to an organization. The Russian Mafia" he says, looking closely at me for any reaction. 

I furrow my eyebrows, making it look like I'm confused. "The Russian what?".

"The Russian Mafia" he repeats. I don't miss the way he spits those words out, as if it was poison. Well from experience, the Russians really are a pain in the ass.

"Wow. Russian Mafia men. I didn't even know those mafias existed these days" I fake chuckle. But by the look of his face, I already knew he was seeing right through me.

"Listen to me Daisy. I'm getting tired of your shit. I'm surprised I haven't even killed you yet" he mumbles, rubbing his forehead.

I watch as he opens his mouth to speak again, but before he can say anything, a knock sounds on the door.
"Come in" Valentino demands.

"Don. We have some updates about the girl" one of his men say, making me start to panic again.

Valentino smirks at me, "Continue". "Don she's the wife of Alexander Ivanov" he says with a edgy voice.

I feel my heart drop as silence falls, the tension starting to get to me. The smirk on Valentino's face drops, and is replaced with such a cold look that I start feeling goosebumps.

Oh boy. I am so dead.

Chapter 4 completed! What did you guys think? <3

Vote and comment!💗