Chapter 12

Isabella Rose

I look around the gym at the variety of men ready to take on each other. Some of them were smirking at me, and I knew exactly why.

They think I'm an easy target.

Well that's gonna be their number one mistake, and my number one advantage.

We were all gathered here as part of the intense training Valentino makes his men do. However, apparently now I had to take part too.

Not that it bothered me. Who wouldn't love inflicting pain and getting away with it.

I'm joking, I'm not a sadist or anything.

I walk over to the punching bags to warm myself up.

I raise my healed fists ready to start hitting it, before I hear from behind me "Wait".

"Yes? Is there a problem Mr Moretti?" I ask as I turn around and meet Valentino's eyes.

He doesn't respond, instead he just takes my hands and starts wrapping them.

I still, as I feel his large, rough hands holding my small ones in comparison. I look back up at him, watching the way his eye brows were furrowed in concentration.

And for some reason, I had this unknown feeling inside me, simply from his touch. But I couldn't quite pin point what it was.

After he finishes he takes a step back, "We can't have previous events repeating itself, no?".

"And by that you mean?" I question, surprised at his actions.

"Well you never know. You may loose control and injure yourself again." He says shrugging his shoulders.

"Mr Moretti. You're doing it again. Your acting like you care" I say with a small smirk.

But instead of getting angry at my comment, he just smirks in return. "Don't flatter yourself love. I care for all my people. And for those who work for me".

"Oh and, I'll be showing you just how much I care about you, when I send you in the ring to spar against someone of my choice" he says smiling.

As I said, I'm not a sadist. But I definitely can't say the same about him.

"Can't wait" I reply sarcastically.

I turn around and immediately start punching the bag. I'm surprised when I don't hear his footsteps. Was he going to seriously just stand here and watch me?

"You're doing it wrong" he mumbles, but I continue, ignoring him.

Suddenly I feel his hands holding either side of my waist, as I feel him take a step closer from behind me. "I said you're doing it wrong".

His hands starting moving my waist, "Keeping your balance gives better punching power" he says as he adjusts my posture.

My breath hitches as he gently pulls me back. "Move with the bag and keep it at arms reach at all times".

I feel tingles across my arms as he slides his hands down them, and raises them. "Keep your hands up. You have to protect yourself from being hit in the face" he says, as I feel his warm breath on the back of my neck.

"And the most important rule. Less power more breathing. Power comes from good technique, but endurance comes from good breathing" he whispers in my ear.

He was standing so close to me that breathing was the least of my concerns, especially when he was still touching me. "I told you to breathe, not do the opposite" he murmurs.