Chapter 9

Isabella Rose

"Thank you" I say to the maid, as I take the final bag of clothes from her, before returning to place the clothes in my closet.

Although I was mad I couldn't leave this place to go shopping, I was still happy. When Vincent passed on the message, he told me to order whatever I wanted as I wouldn't be the one paying. But he didn't talk about restrictions...

That's why I went and ordered a variety of different clothes and accessories which I wanted, without a limit.

Cheers to whoever payed for me. This really was like heaven, I didn't even get this in Russia. Alexander would choose everything I wore.

I hear a knock on my door so I go to answer it, only to see one of their men. "Hi ma'am. Don has asked for you in his office" he says in a professional voice.

"Can he wait, I have to finish filling my closet". "Sorry but he will be really mad if you don't attend straight away" he says with an apologetic expression.

"Well what's he going to do. Kick me out" I joke. "He'd probably fire me or worse, kill" he says in a serious voice.

"Your joking right" I laugh, but when he doesn't join in I realise he wasn't joking. "Alright, lead the way".

When I arrive at his office door, the fun mood I was in earlier immediately fades, and I start feeling nervous. I hadn't seen him since our last encounter last night which was indeed very awkward.

I take a deep breath before raising my hand to knock, but then I lower it.

Who am I kidding. He's not my boss.

Instead of knocking, I place my hand on the door knob pushing it open quickly and strolling inside like I had no care in the world.

I watch as he moves his eyes from the laptop screen to me. His jaw immediately clenches, and despite the goosebumps I was feeling, I smile innocently. "Did you ask for me?".

"Listen ragazza, do not ever barge your way into my office without knocking ever again. Am I clear?" He says furiously. (girl)

"Okay" I simply say, trying my hardest to fight the grin appearing on my face. As if I'm ever going to knock.

Without his offer, I walk further into his office and take a seat in front of his desk. As much as he was daunting, it was quite amusing to piss him off.

He takes a deep breath, obviously already annoyed at my presence.

"Right well yes I did ask for you. You seem to be settling in well here, but let me remind you of your purpose, which is to help me in taking your dear husband down. You don't belong here, so the quicker this gets done the quicker I am blessed with your departure" he spits out coldly.

I can't lie saying his words didn't sting. Thinking about it, he was right. I don't belong here. I don't even know where I do belong.

"Right" I reply quietly.

"Right well I want to go over some details. The Russian Mafia base has been completely destroyed so we need to find out where his new location is" he starts.

"Well how are we going to do that" I ask. He's going to have a problem if he thinks I know alot.

"If there's one thing clear it's that he has made deals with other important men, to help him regain control and power. I have some men on this task finding out who he has been interacting with, so we will wait until further updates. But until then, we must have men trained and ready for when the time comes to attack" he replies.