Chapter 5

Isabella Rose

I feel myself stop breathing, as I quietly anticipate for Valentino's next steps.

I don't dare to look him in the eye, hoping that he can look at me as some innocent woman, and perhaps show me some mercy.

As if. This is Valentino Moretti we are talking about. He shows no mercy. Not to mention that I am the wife of his enemy. I also did get a good punch at him.

I keep my eyes lowered, taking notice of this cold basement. It was compact, yet so dreadful with its walls filled with blood, both dried and fresh.

The sound of his deep chuckle echoes, making me shiver. There was no humour, only cruelty laced in it. Instantly I feel his rough hand tightly wrap around my neck, almost completely cutting off my oxygen supply. It was enough pressure for me to directly look at him, just like he wanted.

"You know, there are many things I hate in this world. Two of them includes Russians and liars" he growls with a deadly expression.

I feel his grip become tighter as he continues, "I'm guessing you know exactly who I am then. Valentino Moretti. Italian Mafia leader. Sworn enemy of your dear husband".

Before I know it, a grin makes its way onto his face as he releases his grip on my throat, which I take as my chance to start breathing heavily. Fucking idiot, my neck was surely bruised.

"What shall I do with you now? Hmm" he smirks. "I could blackmail the bastard? Anger him by touching you? Or I could just kill you in a painful way whilst recording everything. After all, you did punch me, I think it would be fair."

"It was called self defence you idiot" I snap at him, my fists clenching. His eyes immediately start narrowing, before he suddenly takes out his gun and shoves it in my mouth, causing me to gag on it as he shoves it deeper down my throat.

"You should be begging me for mercy. Not disrespecting me with your bratty mouth" he spits out with anger. I try to talk, but my voice just comes out as muffled.

Just then, a man walks in before his eyes widen at our interaction. "Valentino! What are you doing?!" He bursts out in shock, as he quickly steps towards us.

Despite the tears falling down my cheek from the lack of air, I keep my eyes narrowed. Fuck it. If I'm going to die, I will definitely not die begging. Only those who have done wrong and regret, will beg for mercy. However, I have nothing to be sorry for.

"Not now Vincent" Valentino growls. "Remove the gun" the man who goes by Vincent, insists.

"Valentino, remove the gun" he repeats. I watch as they both stare at each other, Valentino more fearfully. It was as if they were communicating with just their minds. Who was this Vincent?

The gun is then removed from my throat, allowing me to breathe easily again. What's with this guy and his possessiveness over oxygen.

"Vincent. Do you know who she is? She's the wife of-" he begins before he is cut off.

"I know man. Alexander Ivanov. But lets not jump to conclusions" he says, attempting to calm Valentino down, putting a hand on his shoulder.

I watch as Valentino's jaw clenches before he returns to his chair, running a hand though his chocolate brown hair. I don't blame him for his hatred, I would hate me too.

But whoever this Vincent is, I love him already.

"Hey, I'm sorry about all this" he starts, as if I was a fragile girl. If only he knew. "I would say it's fine. But clearly it isn't" I mumble.

"Right. Well I'm Vincent, also Valentino's friend. I've just gone through your background check, and there's nothing apart from the fact that your the wife of Ivanov. Although, I am pretty sure that there is more to your story" he says in a concerned manner.

I turn to look at Valentino, my eyes connecting with his, "There is definitely alot more to it".

I sigh, facing Vincent again. "I was forced".

"Elaborate" Valentino speaks out curiously.

"You really want to hear my tragic story?" I ask with sarcasm. "Unless you want to die" he says, making Vincent sigh.

I may as well come out with the truth now.

Maybe just not the whole truth.

Chapter 5 completed! Did we like it?

I feel so much more organised now because when I first started this book, I wrote accordingly to my imagine series on tiktok.

But today I have literally wrote out a whole storyline for this book, and the plots I will include. I'm hoping it turns out to be good now, fingers crossed.

But until then, vote and comment for chapter 6 to learn about her story <3