Chapter 2

~THIRD PERSON POV~

Elena couldn't believe that Stefan had sacrificed himself to save her, I mean Damon. She thought she was his girlfriend and that he loved her so she couldn't think of anything else other than him being compelled to do this as she knew he wouldn't just leave like that.

Planning to get her boyfriend back, Elena tried to track his whereabouts by listening to reports on the radio for anything unusual, when she heard about the killing of victims heads being severed from their bodies.

This news made her know where Stefan had been so she was glad that she had leads on where to find him.

While the young doppelganger was searching for her missing boyfriend, the eldest Salvatore was busy drinking bourbon while feeding on some college girls who he compelled to spend the day with him.

He too was sad that Stefan had given up his free will to save him from dying but he also felt jealous and hurt.

Jealous because Elena was spending all her time looking for his younger brother and hurt because since the kiss, she acted like he didn't exist.

He knew deep down he was jealous of his brother because not only did Katherine choose him while he spend years thinking she was in the tomb suffering and wanted to set her free. He found out that she wasn't there and  has been watching over Stefan the whole time.

Having the painful truth thrown to his face, Damon tried to move on to forget his love the first Petrova doppelganger only to now find himself, in love with her human descendant.

Oh how it broke his heart to see that the girl he loves and is willing to give up everything for was not only a carbon copy of his first love but she too picked his brother.

Now don't get him wrong it might not look like it but he loves his brother but when he and Elena shared the kiss when he was dying, he felt that at least he could now die in peace.

However, he is glad he survived it's just his mind is not with him so Damon continued to feed from the girl's wrist while holding his glass filled with bourbon. Feeling relaxed at having a peace of mind Damon stopped feeding and sat down to relax. However the peacefulness was disturbed by a certain doppelganger.

"Damon I think I found-," started the brunette haired girl only to be stopped at the scene infront of her.

"Stefan is with Klaus right now doing God knows what and instead of trying to find him you are here draining an innocent girl of her blood."

Turning to the girl Elena found her clothes on the ground and threw it on her saying go home.

*Sigh*

Getting up Damon sped towards the and compelled her to forget that she  ever saw him or where he lived. The girl then left the boarding house to which Damon closed the door and continued to act as if the doppelganger was not in the room.

He turned on some music, refilled his glass with more bourbon and sat down to drink it. Thinking this would give the human the heads up that he wanted to be alone he closed his eyes after taking a sip of the liquid and listened to the music that was playing.

However our resident doppelganger couldn't take the hint and turned off the music as she began to shout at him.

"For once in your life can you care about someone other than yourself. Your own brother sacrificed himself to ensure both of us were alive and right now Klaus could be making him do horrible things and you don't even care."

Getting annoyed the raven haired vampire slammed down the glass on the table spilling some of his drink before standing up to face the annoying woman.

"You say I don't care about anyone but myself but I do. I love you to the point I took the risk to free your best friend and her werewolf boyfriend so you wouldn't be sacrificed. I got bitten but I still ensure you were okay. My brother sacrificed himself to get the cure for a bite I received when I tried to help you," said a now angry Damon.

"The worse mistake I have ever made was falling for you, my brother's girlfriend," continued the vampire.

"I didn't ask you to fall for me," argued Elena.

"Well I didn't ask you to kiss me either when your dating my little brother," countered the older Salvatore.

Walking to the stereo Damon turned to the girl and said,"The door is right there see yourself out."

He then played his music and went back to his seat ignoring the girl as she finally left the Salvatore boarding house, well not before slamming the door but Damon didn't care.

Meanwhile in Tennessee, a blonde hair girl was looking for her dog.

  "Rudy,"

Not hearing her dog the girl then whistled hoping the dog would hear her call and come running. Walking on the porch she called, "Rudy come on, it's hot for you to make me come looking for you."

Stooping down to look under the house for the dog she continued to call him again. Seeing that she couldn't find him,  the girl decided to get up only to be frightened as a blonde hair guy appeared out of no where and was now suddenly behind her.

"I am so sorry I didn't mean to scare you."

"Can I help you?"she asked the stranger.

"Yeah my car ran out of gas a couples of miles back," he says trying not to laugh.

"I feel like I've been walking forever and your house is the first one I've seen so far  and I was hoping you could allow me to use your phone," he continued.

Finding the man suspicion she looked at him skeptically then asked, "Don't you have a cellphone?"

He took the phone out of his back pocket showing her that the battery had died. Seeing that she is not convinced he said," I promise I am not a serial killer I just want to use your phone."

Still not trusting the man, she agreed to let him use her phone but not enter her house. Getting upset he said," I thought you country folks were supposed to be more trusting." To which she answered with attitude that she's from Florida.

The now angry stranger vamp sped in front of the girl and grabbed her by her throat before looking into her eyes.

"Show me some southern hospitality he compelled as the girl invited him inside her house.