Chapter 10

A/N: I dedicate the song 'I was wrong' by Sleeperstar  which is above for this chapter. Enjoy💜

~DAMON'S POV~

I finally arrived at the Gilbert house and knock on the door before it suddenly opened and I came face to face with Elena.

"Can we talk?" I asked.

She shrugged her shoulders then said ok as she lead me upstairs to room I knew oh so well her bedroom. The room suddenly became awkward as I didn't know where to begin and she wasn't saying anything. I decided to put my big scary vampire pants on and said, " Cute pjs."

She sighed then said, "I'm tired Damon."

I notice that the vervain necklace that Stefan gave her is around her neck so I slowly approached her before bending down and taking it off her as I dangled it in front of her eyes.

"Give it back," she said as she tried to take the necklace from me but failed miserably.

"I just have to say something," I said as I walked towards her only for her to take a step back.

"What do you have to say with my necklace," she asked now looking scared which caused a slight pain in my chest before going away.

"Because what I'm about to say might be the most selfish thing I've ever said in my life," I began.

"Damon don't go there," said Elena as she walked towards me.

"I'm only going to say it once and you just need to hear it," I said nonchalantly as I walked towards her causing her to step back.

"I love you Elena and it's because love you that's why I can't be selfish with you," I said looking into her eyes.

"You know I thought on my here that I can just confess and maybe just maybe you'd prefer to be with me than with Stefan but that isn't right,"

"But Damon," she started but I cut her off by saying, "You know ironically I was the first one to meet you."

"No I met Stefan first," she said.

I looked in her eyes and said, "Remember." Then just like that the memory started to appear again.

~FLASHBACK ~

Lying in the middle of the road was a man in a black shirt and blue jeans. He thought life had no more meaning and just wanted to give up when he suddenly heard a girl approaching.

"I know Bonnie your right, you and my mom both are I just can't bring myself to tell him at least not tonight. I'll call you later," said the girl as she ended her call.

Thinking he recognized that voice the male ran up to the girl and said, "Katherine."

"Umm no I- I'm Elena,"said the girl now known as Elena responded as she looked at the male.

"Oh oh you you just look umm I'm sorry you just really remind me of someone I'm Damon," said the male now known as Damon as she tried to play things cool.

"Don't take this the wrong way or anything Damon but it's kind of creepy that your out here in the middle of nowhere," said Elena as look at the male suspiciously.

"You're one to talk, you're out here all alone by yourself," he retorted.

"It's Mystic Falls nothing bad ever happens here," she replied.

"Got into a fight with my boyfriend," she said as she waved her phone in her hand.

"About what may I ask?" Damon said.

"Umm about life, the future, he's got it all mapped out."

"You don't want it?"

"I don't know what I want."

"Well that's not true."said Damon before adding, "You want what everyone wants."

"What a mysterious stranger who has all the answers," she flirts with a smile showing her pearly whites.

"Hmm I've always just said I've been around for a very long time. I've learned a few things."

"So Damon tell me what is it that I want?"

Looking at her closely, the raven haired male answered, "You want a love that consumes you. You want passion, an adventure and even a little danger."

Impressed by his answer the brunette looked at the male with a smile as she notice he too was looking straight at her. She then asked, "What is it that you want?"

The male sighed before answering only for their conversation to be cut short by the honking of a car horn. The two looked for where the noise was coming from when they spotted a car approaching.

"That's my parents," the girl said.

Looking at the girl, the male's eyes dilute as he said, "I want you to get everything that you're looking for but right now I want you to forget that this happened can't have people knowing I'm in town yet, goodnight Elena."

After that the male sped away revealing he's a vampire as the brunette haired girl starred into space as her parent's car stopped at her foot.

~END OF FLASHBACK ~

Elena gasp in shock as she look at the older Salvatore as tears fell from her eyes.

~DAMON'S POV~

"Damon I'm so sorry," she said.

"It's okay Elena," I replied looking at her now tear stained face. Before when I saw her cry I would feel hurt and would try my best to cheer her up just to see a smile on her face but I don't feel that way anymore.

I could feel the tears pooling in my eyes as I walk up to her and rest my hand her cheek and rubbed the stray tear away as I said, "I can't do this, I don't deserve you but my brother does."

I lean closer to her as I kiss her on her forehead. I want to erase her memory of this moment but I just couldn't so I handed her the necklace before speeding away.

I don't mind being friends with her and I think my feelings for her won't just vanish like that but it will eventually and I hope she'll be alright with us being just friends like starting a new leaf. I know I'm being selfish by putting her on the spot but I know deep down she has feelings for me just like how she feels for my brother and I don't want that to cause a rift between my brother and I over another doppelgänger.

After thinking that I finally arrive at the boarding house. I opened the door and saw Evie standing there with her arms open.

"Come on," she said as I closed the door and ran into her awaiting arms as she brought me into a hug as I cried in her arms.

"There there Dammy everything's going to be okay," I heard her whisper as she ran her hand through my hair.