Chapter 4

~THIRD PERSON POV~

While Damon and Alaric continued to find clues about the missing hero haired Salvatore, Elena was trying to come to terms with her feelings about both Salvatores by talking to her best friends Bonnie and Caroline and the other human in the group Matt Donovan.

"Come on what's so great about them?" asked the young Donovan in a sarcastic tone.

Deep down he knew that the feelings he held for the doppelganger was still there and it hurt him a lot to know she and the death bringing vampires cause him to loose his sister.

He knew she wasn't the best sister in the world, heck not even the best one in Mystic Falls but she was his sister and the only family he had since his mother was always on the road with her boyfriends and didn't give two shits about her children.

He may still love the girl but he resents her as well. He wants to be there for her as well but he just can't come to turns on how she loves the men who brought nothing but death and sadness to the people of Mystic Falls the day they decided to return.

I mean come on when he looks at it, Caroline the girl he was now in love with would still be human and not killed by Elena's crazy vampire ancestor look alike who couldn't take rejection well. Jenna wouldn't have been used for a sacrifice and John wouldn't have to die to save Elena.

He knew he was being selfish thinking maybe if Elena had really died the day when her parents car drove off the wickery bridge, then maybe he would once again have his sister and maybe he wouldn't see the sad look in Bonnie's eyes that she always try to cover up with a smile.

After all her grandmother died trying to help Elena and the eldest Salvatore on his quest to free his bitchy ex who wasn't even in the tomb but was busy whoring around and spying on the youngest Salvatore.

Looking back he only had one wish and that would be him being a better younger brother. He wished he was there to support Vicky through her tough times and troubles. He didn't like when people called her a druggy or a whore or whatever other nonsense they called the oldest Donovan but he was too busy caught up with his infatuation for the eldest Gilbert.

His sister even though she was older was in a lower grade than him because she would skip classes and get high while he had to not only maintain his grades along with football but he had to work as they didn't have any financial support.

Looking back at everything that took place the Donovan boy couldn't help the tear that fell from his eyes. 'Vicky I'm sorry,' he thought.

While reminiscing about Vicky, he was brought out of his thought when Elena asked if he was okay. Wiping the line left by the tear that fell from his eye, the young Donovan replied that he was okay and made it his mission that after he left he'll go and buy some flowers and visit his sister's grave.

"As I was saying, What's your deal with the Salvatores?" again the boy asked.

"I don't know,"started the doppelganger as she got up and sat next to Matt.

"I mean I'm with Stefan and I love him,"

"Then why kiss his brother?" interrupted the blonde vampire named Caroline.

"Wait she did what?" shouted the shocked Bennett witch.

"Yep she locked lips with a certain raven haired vampire." revealed the blonde.

Putting her hand on her hip while looking at her best friend the dark haired witch asked," And when did this happen?"

"Guys come on give me a break I thought he was dying."