It's Over

Abbreviations used:
F/n: your Former Name
A/n: Author's Note
Italics: Inner thoughts

~᯽❥᪥ᴥ᪥❥᯽~

"Please don't leave me."

~᯽❥᪥ᴥ᪥❥᯽~

During the Archon War

F/n's POV

Alatus was called to be on the front lines. I was alone in my cell. I'm never informed of the situation outside. And I haven't seen Alatus for days, he'll probably never be back. But I do hope he stays safe.

~᯽❥᪥ᴥ᪥❥᯽~

Alatus POV

Rex Lapis slew the god that's controlled me and tortured F/n. Perhaps today.. is the day that death takes over me.

I'm on one of my knees, a hand over my chest and the other on my spear, supporting me. Rex Lapis took on a form of a dragon before changing to a human and strides over to me.

"Kill me.." I said before he could do anything.

"Why would I kill someone who has already suffered so much. What's your name?" He asked.

"..Alatus.."

"In the fables of another world, the name Xiao is that of a spirit who encountered great suffering and hardship. He endured much suffering, as you have. Use this name from now on." Rex Lapis held out his hand towards me. "Will you join me in a fight against the evil that plagues the land?" I reached out and he pulled me up onto my feet.

"Yes, I will." I knew that there is nothing I can do to amend my sins, but I will fight for Rex Lapis to show my gratitude for saving me.

I looked back to where I've stayed for years. F/n! I have to get them out!

I rushed to the palace and make my way to the cells. Rex Lapis followed me, puzzled as to why I left.

I knocked out every man who stood in my way, making a beeline to F/n's cell. As I reached the door to the cell's hallway, I grabbed the cell keys from the unconscious man just outside.

"F/n!" I called out as I ran over. What I never expected to see, was seen. F/n was lying on the ground unconscious. Their skin was pale. Everything about them was different.

"F/n!" Panicked, I quickly opened the cell door and rushed to their side, carefully avoiding the symbols.

"F/n! Wake up! Please! It's over! It's all over..!" I felt a surge of sorrow that I have never felt for so long. I embraced F/n in my arms. A drop of tear must have formed in my eye because there was a drop of liquid on F/n's face.

"...Al.." F/n mumbled before dropping their head towards me.

"F/n! Stay with me. Just a little longer.. please.." I held their hand tightly, afraid to lose the one person that I have known for years.

"Xiao. Bring them with you. I'll lead you to a place where you and F/n can recover."

~᯽❥᪥ᴥ᪥❥᯽~