The Present

Abbreviations used:
Y/n: Your Name
f/w: Favourite Weapon
A/n: Author's Note
Italics: Inner thoughts

~᯽❥᪥ᴥ᪥❥᯽~

"No matter how far you are; we will always be under the same sun, moon and stars."

~᯽❥᪥ᴥ᪥❥᯽~

Y/n POV

Xiao and I became more distant. He became colder and hides away. He has also lost his comrades known as the Yakshas. We both suffer from about the same amount of Karmic Debt. It's a blessing that we're both alive to this day. Both of us stopped seeing each other for years now. I've tried to reach out to him but he just doesn't want to be found, so I stopped trying. I suppose I sorta hate him for that. He resides in Wangshu Inn while I tend to be everywhere but Wangshu Inn.

Well, I do bump into him from time to time, but he would be unconscious and drained of energy from his karmic debt. In times like that, I would stay by his side and make sure he was doing alright. Just when he's about to wake up, I would leave to avoid him lecturing me that he doesn't need help. There are times that I collapse as well, Xiao is not as sneaky as me. He's been around every time I fell, most of the time when I wake up, I pretend that I'm still asleep. He cares a lot but he tends not to show it.

However, nowadays he doesn't come when I fall. At first, I thought nothing of it. But when this lasted for about 3 months, I went to check up on him. Turns out he's avoiding me now. Can't say I'm not mad at him.

I was at Jueyun Karst visiting another Adeptus, Moon Carver. He takes on the form of a stag. Very majestic if I do say so myself. Anyways-

"And who might we be? Those that dare enter Jueyun Karst?" Moon Carver and I noticed a blond Traveller entering with his pixie at his side.

"I was sent here." He said. He shows us a talisman.

"A Sigil of Permission... Many a season has passed since one was last in the presence of such an item."

"He before you is the mighty and illuminated Adeptus, Moon Carver. At his side, is Adeptus Y/n. Speak, Traveller. What business have you here?"

"Actually..." The pixie talks! I thought to myself.

"It's the assassin! They dared to flee here to Jueyun Karst!" A Millelith Sergeant interrupted.

"...disturbing our borders. See them gone. One will not have interruption." Moon Carver gave an order.

The traveller summoned his weapon and charged at the soldiers. I, for one, don't want to miss out on this small fight. I summoned my f/w and followed suit, careful not to severely harm the people, using just enough energy to scare them.

"We've digressed. State your purpose, Traveller."

"Well..." The two relay the situation that occurred at Liyue Harbour.

Upon hearing that Rex Lapis died, I just couldn't believe it. I took my leave and headed straight to the Harbour. Moon Carver did try to stop me but he quickly understood why and let me go.

I reached the Harbour in a matter of minutes. Ugh... I forgot how many people are here... forget it. I have to find Xiao.

I turned to leave when suddenly, I felt a familiar aura. One that is similar to Rex Lapis. I looked back to see a man dressed in brown. I eyed him for a bit before brushing it off and proceeded to Wangshu Inn.

~᯽❥᪥ᴥ᪥❥᯽~