The Search

Abbreviations used:
Y/n: Your name
A/n: Author's note
Italics: Inner thoughts

~᯽❥᪥ᴥ᪥❥᯽~

"Life has a truth to it, and it's complicated - it's love and it's hatred."

~᯽❥᪥ᴥ᪥❥᯽~

Xiao's POV

"So we tried for days to find other types of food. But ended up needing to kill people to survive." Y/n continued.

"... What happened then?"

"... The god of that land had found us. He wanted us to be eliminated but had a change of heart after finding out what happened to us. So he reverted us to humans and decided that we should become guardians of his land having been on Teyvat for over a hundred years. He taught us to fight and stuff. But not long later, She came. I was captured, and I still have no idea what happened to them.. I didn't tell you back then but I snuck out of that medical tent and tried to find them."

"... Whatever happened to that stone? Aren't you afraid that it'll continue turning people into these 'vampires'?"

"Ah that. It's right here." Y/n pulled out their locket hidden beneath their top and opened it.

"You keep it with you?"

"Yep. The god made Ricky and I invulnerable to the stone so even if we did touch it, it won't affect us." Y/n closed it up and hid it again.

"... Your sins are forgivable, unlike mine." I looked away.

"My sins are not forgivable. I had to kill people to live when I could be the one who died and let all those people live."

"..." It's not the same..

"Xiao.. I know how you feel. I felt the same. I went through the same emotions you're having. Regret from the past, feeling undeserving of certain trivial things. I even tried to block my feelings, just like what you try to do. Heads up, that ain't gonna work no matter how hard you try."

"...But I don't want these feelings.. they only blind us from what deems necessary."

"Mhm.. like how you're unwilling to kill me if l fall?"

"... It's precisely why feelings are demons themselves. They stop us from doing what is right." I argued. How dare they bring that up.

"What is right is not always blinded by feelings. Sometimes, it's guided by feelings."

"Ugh.. it's just too confusing.." I brought my hands up to my head.

"Perhaps it is. There are a few simpler ones like happiness. Love is very complicated. I'm not sure why Venti thought it was a great idea to teach you this." ... I have to learn what love is. I don't know how much time I have, but I must learn it as quick as possible. That's what Barbatos wants. He wants to save Y/n as much as I do. The feeling that Y/n and I share.. must be something about love.. Why else would he mention love if it isn't? Is it true that I love Y/n..? But Y/n only loves me as a family, not as a lover or anything like that. But Barbatos did say that Y/n also doesn't know. Ugh! I'm going to find that bard and make him tell me.

"I'll find him and ask him myself. As for you, don't overwork yourself." I stood up, ready to track down that drunkard.

"I'm still gonna clear camps."

"You-"

"Can't stop me!" Y/n interrupted and finished my sentence.

"Fine. You're coming with me." I reached out for them, lifting them off their feet.