A Dream Never Dreamt

Abbreviations used:
Y/n: Your name
A/n: Author's note
Italics: Inner thoughts

~᯽❥᪥ᴥ᪥❥᯽~

"Dream the dreams that have never been dreamt."

~᯽❥᪥ᴥ᪥❥᯽~

Xiao's POV

I reached one of the peaks where I spotted  the Adepti and Tartaglia and another guy with a mask hiding on the far end. Within the group of Adepti, I spotted none other than Morax -Zhongli.

"Morax, is there really no way to bring them back?" Cloud Retainer asked.

"After what happened to the Conqueror of Demons, I'm not risking the chance." Them? Who's them? As if answering my question, Zhongli continued, "Let us end their suffering.. Y/n would come for me so I need you to surround them."

Upon hearing that name, everything clicked. Everything that happened before I passed out played in my head. That's when I spotted them in the distance. As if they felt my gaze they turned and locked eyes with me. Their eyes lacked their usual sparkle in their eyes, making them look so dead.

I won't let Zhongli kill Y/n, but at the same time I can't let Y/n kill Morax. Y/n walked out towards the Adepti and Zhongli followed suite.

"Lucinda." Zhongli said. Y/n turned again..? Y/n didn't respond but they held a deadly glare towards Zhongli. "It's time to end your suffering."

Zhongli lunged forward with his spear as Y/n skilfully blocks with their sword. I have to stop them.

I whipped out my spear and blocked Zhongli's attack.

"Xiao!?" He quickly pulled me aside and placed shield around us just in time as Y/n slashed against the shield. Unbeknownst to Y/n, the rest of the Adepti have surrounded them.

"Y/n.." They aren't themselves.. they.. lost their mind...

"You see, Xiao. This is why you shouldn't have-"

"No please. Give me another chance. They're not Lucinda." Zhongli pondered, hesitant to give me this chance.

"Fine."

"Thank you.." I turned to Y/n who remained standing outside the shield, ready to attack when it comes down. I dropped the spear in my hand, which evidently surprised Y/n. "Remove the shield."

"Xiao-"

"Remove the shield." I said firmly, my eyes never leaving Y/n's. Y/n readied their weapon but I could tell that they felt unsure. Zhongli reluctantly removed the shield.

"Xiao!" Zhongli said as Y/n immediately held their sword near my neck.

"Y/n. I know you're still in there. I know you can hear me, and I trust you with my life." Y/n's pupils slightly enlarged upon hearing my words.

"I could kill you right here, right now. You're defenceless, yet you stand here before me unwavering. Why?" Y/n finally spoke.

"Because.. I trust you.. You're the only one I have left, the only one who understands me. And if this doesn't mean anything to you, then perhaps the next 3 words would. I love you."

As soon as I uttered those three words, Y/n faltered. It was like there was a million thoughts going through their head as they lowered their sword, I took that opportunity and went to embrace them in my arms.

"Y/n.. I love you. I really do.. You mean the world to me.. ... You're probably thinking.. how could I know anything about love.. I-" Y/n dropped their sword and wrapped their hands around my waist, interrupting my train of thoughts.

"I love you too." Y/n muttered out.

"Y/n.. I'm so glad you're back."

"I made a promise, didn't I?" Y/n pulled away and we locked eyes with one another. In that moment, it felt like there was no one watching, it was just the two of us standing face to face. I don't know what came over me, but I suddenly felt the urge to touch their lips with mine and I did exactly that. It was the most magical feeling I've ever felt, it felt like time had stopped and I felt whole, nothing else in the world mattered but us.

When we finally pulled away, Y/n locked eyes with me as they giggled.

"What's so funny?" That's when I realised we were not alone, and I instantly released Y/n as I felt my cheeks burn with embarrassment. I could feel the Adepti's surprise and they'd probably laugh about it later.

"Now that Y/n is back, let's finish the problem at its source." Zhongli said, saving me from doing more embarrassing things.

"Right, I spotted Tartaglia and another man with a mask over their face." I recalled seeing the pair on the way here.

"That's Dottorre.." Y/n mumbled. "By now they probably fled after seeing their plan fail."

"A quick check would hurt." Zhongli says as he instructs Cloud Retainer and Mountain Shaper to fly over. The two of us wait in silence with Moon Carver for news of the two harbingers.

"Xiao.. I'm sorry.." Y/n muttered as they stared at where my wound is.

"I told you before, it isn't your fault. Don't apologise." Y/n didn't reply but I know that, there are drowning in their remorse as they continue staring at my chest. Y/n probably doesn't know how deep the wound was so I wasn't about to show it to them and make them feel even more upset. I gently held their head and let them lay on my left.

"After many millennials, you finally have the Conqueror of Demons's heart. One did not foresee this outcome." Moon Carver said with a hint a glee.

My sudden realisation of what Moon Carver meant hit me. "Wait.. you've loved me for that long? But Venti told me that you didn't know??"

"Well I did tell Venti to never tell you about how I felt." Of course you did..

"Conqueror of Demons, Adeptus Y/n, cast your gaze upon the sun and the moon." Moon Carver interrupted.

"An eclipse.." Y/n muttered out.

"Just like the sun and the moon in the sky have met, the sun and the moon standing before me have finally got together." Moon Carver said as an idea came to me.

"Y/n, you were always the sun to me. Would you like to spend the rest of our days together?"

"Pffff, you still need to learn more about love and the other terms." Y/n laughed out loud, unable to stop themeself.

"Give me a break.." I rolled my eyes, but I know I still have a lot to learn. At least.. it wasn't my nightmare that came true, it was a dream I never dreamt could happen.

~᯽❥᪥᪥❥᯽~

A/n:
This is gonna be a copy and paste for the four endings so...⤵️

AND THAT COMES TO THE END OF THE STORY!! I hope you guys enjoyed it! I am probably going to write new stories for other characters that I like, if you have any request you can comment or dm. I'll do my best to make something y'all will enjoy. Next would be Kazuha! Or if I can't write that I'd be someone else.. I have a creative block for that story right now.

Please please please, comment how much you liked this. I would like to hear any feedback be it bad or good so I know where to improve :3

GOOD LUCK FOR NILOU/ALBEDO/NAHIDA/YOIMIYA/MIKO/CHILDE!! Or Tighnari since he's a new standard 5 star but still. GOOD LUCK! And have a blessed day!