Kill Time

Abbreviations used:
Y/n: Your name
A/n: Author's note
Italics: Inner thoughts

~᯽❥᪥ᴥ᪥❥᯽~

"The time I kill is killing me."

~᯽❥᪥ᴥ᪥❥᯽~

Y/n's POV

I left the Almond Tofu, unable to eat either. I walked out of Xiao's room and went down the stairs. There's nothing much I could do but clear the area of monsters, so that's what I decided to do to kill time.

After scouting the area a dozen times. I decided to leave to another section of Liyue to kill time. "Hey there!" A voice came from behind. I turned around to see a male in white with a red mask on his orange hair, dressed in Snezhnayan clothes.

"What do you need?"

"I need nothing from you, comrade. I saw you fighting earlier. Mind if I have a battle with you?"

"Who are you?"

"Ah my apologies, I'm Childe. The 11th Fatui Harbinger also known as Tartaglia. I couldn't help but notice your amazing combat skills, so I'd like a one on one battle with you."

"There's no point challenging me, I am Adeptus Y/n."

"Ah, so you're an Adepti! What luck! Don't underestimate my strength just because I'm a mortal."

"Hmm.. since you're so keen on fighting me. Let's fight." This way I can also kill some time.

"Great! Weapons at the ready!" He summons a bow while I summon a sword.

He fires his water charged arrows as I dodged them all. Taking into account the time he needs to reload, I charged at him just as he released his arrow. He swiftly switches his weapon into a water polearm and counters my attack.

"Ah, so you can wield more than one weapon. Impressive."

"Don't let your guard down now." He splits his polearm into 2, becoming twin swords.

"Looks like I've got to step up my game." I summoned another sword. "Now we're even."

"A challenge I see, that just makes this all the more interesting!"

I cross blades with Childe. None of us exerts our full strength. At least not yet. I slashed at Childe causing him to back up. Taking this opportune moment, I retreated even more changing into my bow and shooting him. Childe creates a hyrdo hemisphere shield around him. From hyrdo, he now wields electro!?

"How are you able to use 2 visions?"

"I don't have 2 visions, rather I have a hydro vision and an electro delusion. But that's not all I can do."

"Oh? Show me your best already then."

"As you wish!" Childe transforms into his new form. "This, comrade, is called my Foul Legacy Transformation. Now let the real battle begin!"

Blade slashes blade. Sweat breaks out from both sides. After what seemed like forever, I charged at him, piercing him at his waist level and adding a finishing blow to top it off.

"Not bad. Your swordsmanship is quite impressive." Childe's back to normal again as he clutches onto the wound.

"Here, let me help." Using your powers, you healed his wound in a matter of seconds.

"Much obliged, comrade. We must battle again someday. The thrill of this battle is one that I seek."

"You are a weird one. I kinda like it." I smiled as I said it.

"Haha, I'll take that as a compliment. Farewell, Adeptus Y/n! I have matters to attend to." Childe left the scene and I carried on clearing out camps in other parts of Liyue.

~᯽❥᪥ᴥ᪥❥᯽~

Childe's POV

"When the cat's away, the mice will play. We will meet again, comrade, not for a battle, but for the Tsaritsa's will."

~᯽❥᪥ᴥ᪥❥᯽~

A/n:
Childe is sus. Who are you gonna pull for in the 2.3 banners? I'm pulling for Albedo and Gorou :) Good luck to everyone with your pulls!!!