Ten

Chloe walked into the kitchen. She frowned as she saw Brooke. Chloe knew that things were tense with her sister since Max had told her about the baby. Chloe hated it. Brooke wasn't just her sister. But her best friend. And she didn't want her to hate her. And she didn't want to lose her.  She knew it was hard.

"I'm sorry," Chloe said.

Brooke looked to her. She sighed. "You should have told me."

"I know. I wish I did. I just couldn't. I knew you'd hate me. And when I found the courage to tell you, Max threatened me," Chloe told her.

Brooke frowned. "Why would he do that?" Brooke asked.

Chloe sighed and looked at her. "Because I don't trust him to be in the baby's life. And he wants to be in. I just... I never meant for this to happen. Sleeping with Max was a mistake. He seduced me. And I know it's no excuse. But it's what happened. And I'm sorry. You're my sister. I love you. And I want for us to find a way past this. So that we can move on," Chloe said.

Brooke sighed as she looked at her. "I forgive you. Only because you're my sister. And I believe you were trying to do the right thing. I won't forgive him though," Brooke said as Chloe looked to her and nodded.

****

Chloe got to work and was standing in her classroom. Max walked in. "Get out!"

"You told me to tell her."

"I know. But not to blind sight me! You couldn't have told me that she knew? Look, I'll think about letting you be in the baby's life. But I can't see you at the moment. I'm angry that you dropped me in it. So go," Chloe said.

Max looked to her and sighed. "Brooke is mad. But she'll forgive us. And she'll take me back. And we will get married. Just because I got you pregnant, doesn't mean anything. It doesn't mean we will play happy families," he told her.

Chloe glared. She looked at him. "Like I want to play happy families with you? And she's already forgiven me. And you... it won't be easy as you think. Brooke is stubborn. And she's not an idiot. If she did take you back, do you actually think your relationship would be the same again after everything?" She said.

Max frowned as he looked at her. "Brooke loves me."

Chloe sighed. "Yes. But is she in love with you? You messed up Max. And my sister deserves better," Chloe said as she walked out of her classroom.

****

Chloe sat in her classroom and sighed as she rested a hand on her bump. Chloe knew how everything was a mess. And she knew she was doing the best for her baby.

Chloe hated how messy things were. Especially as she knew that Max was her baby daddy. But with Chloe trying to make it work, she had no idea just how much more complicated it was going to become with Max. And how she would soon be left fighting for her life.