Seven

Chloe was panicking. Her period was late. Extremely late. She couldn't believe she had been so stupid as to get pregnant by her sisters boyfriend. Especially in a club toilet.

Chloe knew she needed to get hold of a pregnancy test. She needed to know for sure. She couldn't change her life if she wasn't actually pregnant.

Brooke walked in and smiled. She saw her sister sitting on the bed. "What's up?"

Chloe sighed and looked at her. "Nothing. Just having a bad day."

Brooke frowned and sighed. "Chlo, you've only just woke up. What do you say we go into town?" She asked.

Chloe nodded and smiled. She knew it would be the perfect excuse to pick up the pregnancy test.

***
The two girls went to the town centre. Chloe smiled and looked at Brooke. "I've just got to pop to the chemist. I need womanly things."

Brooke nodded. "Okay. Let's go."

Chloe followed her sister. She wouldn't be able to get the test if Brooke was with her. The two of them went inside.

Chloe made her way over to the pregnancy tests and sighed. "Chlo? What you doing up this aisle?" Brooke asked. She frowned when she saw her holding the test. "Are you pregnant?"

Chloe sighed and looked at her. She shrugged. "I don't know. My period is late. Extremely late and I'm bricking it."

Brooke nodded. "Is Tom the father?"

Chloe didn't say anything. She knew Tom wasn't the father. She missed the look of annoyance on Brooke's face.

***
Chloe went back home while Brooke went to see Max. She sighed when she arrived there. Max let her in. "Hey. Is everything okay?" He asked.

Brooke sighed. "Chloe's pregnant. Well I think she is. She's got a test."

Max frowned. "She's pregnant? Who's the father?"

"She won't tell me. I think it's Tom though. Anyway, just thought I'd come and let you know that Chloe might need me tonight so I can't make it," Brooke said.

***
Chloe sat on her bed. She had taken the test and was waiting for the result. Brooke walked in and smiled. "Well?"

"I'm waiting now."

Brooke joined her on the bed. She took her hand. "Whatever this says, I will always be here for you. I promise you."

"Thanks."

The timer was up. Chloe turned the test over and felt her heart breaking;

"Positive.
3+ weeks."

Brooke saw the test and sighed. "Chlo. Are you okay?"

"Yeah."

***
Chloe got a text from Max. She grabbed her jacket and left the house. Max was waiting. "Get in."

Chloe climbed into the car. Max drove off and parked up by the school. "Well anything to tell me?" He asked.

"I already know that Brooke told you. Yes I'm pregnant. Yes it's yours and no. I don't know what I'm going to do about it. My head is a mess."

Max sighed and looked at her. "You're sure it's mine?"

Chloe nodded. "Yep. The dates match. I'm bloody terrified."

Max took her hand. "I promise. I'll help you with this. No matter what."

Chloe looked at him and smiled. How did they make things work when everything was still complicated.