Thirteen

Chloe lay in the hospital bed and groaned. She knew that she was still recovering from the crash.

She knew how a lot had happened. She knew how it hadn't been easy. She had a baby and she felt anxious.

Chloe knew how she wanted to see her baby and be with her. But she was scared. She knew how she was Max's baby. She was scared with all that had happened

"Hey," Brooke said as she walked in. She looked to her and smiled. "How are you feeling?" She asked.

Chloe smiled. "Tired."

Brooke sat next to her and smiled. "Have you seen the baby?"

"No," Chloe said as Brooke sat next to her.

She took her and smiled. "I know it's hard. But you have a baby. She needs her mum. I know it's a shock with what happened. And with all that you have been through. Everything with Max. But it will be okay. I am here for you. It will be okay," Brooke said.

Chloe looked to her and shook her head. "Honestly, I am scared. I don't know what to do," she said.

Brooke looked to her and smiled "I know. But you were so excited so have this baby. I know that you're scared. But it will be okay," he told her. 

Chloe smiled.  "Will you come with me?" She asked. 

Brooke looked to her and smiled. "Of course I will. You're my sister. And you need me. I am here for you," Brooke said as Chloe smiled.

****

Chloe was wheeled into the NICU. She smiled as she looked to see the small baby. "She looks like him. Don't you think?" Chloe asked.

Brooke chuckled. She smiled."Are you kidding? She's you. She's beautiful. I know it's hard. But you can do this. I don't know what is going on with you and Max. But I know that you can do this. This little girl needs you"

Chloe placed a hand inside of the incubator. She stroked the small hand and smiled. "I put her in danger. By getting in that car," she mumbled.

Brooke looked to her and smiled. "No. You did not. Look I know it's hard. But this is not your fault. You didn't do any of this. I know it will be okay," she said.

Chloe smiled. "I thought I'd name her Belle," she said as she looked to her sleeping baby.

Brooke smiled. "It's beautiful. You can do this," she said.

****

Chloe sat in her hospital room and looked to see Max as he walked in.

She looked up to him and frowned. She looked to him. "What do you want Max?" She asked.

Max looked to her and smiled. "I want to talk to you. Look you had our baby. We need to talk," he said.

She looked to him. "I am not in the mood Max...go," she said.

Max looked to her and sighed. "Fine. But this isn't over," he said as she sighed.

She knew that things were a mess. But she had no idea of how much harder things would become.