Nine

Chloe was finding it harder and harder to keep it all secret. She hated she was lying to Brooke. Especially when Brooke and Max were getting married. Chloe hated that she was lying. It was one big lie. Max was the father of her baby and she didn't know what to do about it.

Chloe knew that she was scared. She didn't care about Max. She cared about her relationship with her sister more than anything.

Chloe sighed to herself as she walked into the kitchen. She rolled her eyes as she saw Brooke and Max. "Don't mind me," Chloe said as she grabbed a drink off of the side.

Chloe ran a hand through her hair and sighed as she grabbed some toast. Brooke looked at Chloe and smiled. "You don't have long left. I bet you can't wait to have her," Brooke said.

Chloe placed a hand on her baby bump and smiled. "I can't. But I'm not looking forward to pushing her out," she said.

Brooke smiled and looked at her. "It will all be okay," she said as she pulled her sister into a hug.

Chloe smiled slightly and nodded. She sighed. "I hope so," she said. She looked towards Max and frowned when she saw how he was looking at her. "I have to go," Chloe said as she walked out of the house.

Chloe went to walk to her car as she felt someone grab her. She turned to face Max and glared. "What do you want?" She asked.

Max looked at her. "We need to talk about the baby. You're due to give birth and I am not letting you cut me out," he said.

Chloe rolled her eyes and looked at him. "You really want to go there Max? You want to play daddy with me? Then you tell Brooke. You tell her everything. If not, you won't be involved with this baby. And just so you know, I am not sticking around once she's here," she said as she pushed Max away from her and got into her car driving off.

****

Chloe stood in the staffroom as she got to work. She looked to see Tom as he walked into the room. He looked at her and smiled. "Are you okay?" He asked.

Chloe looked to him and sighed. "I really don't know Tom. It's all a mess and I don't know what to do," Chloe said.

Tom smiled. "What do you mean?"

"The baby daddy. He wants to be involved. But he has a girlfriend and I really don't know what to do," she said with tears in her eyes.

Tom placed a hand on top of hers and smiled. "Yeah you do. You need to do the right thing. And the girlfriend needs to know. Especially if you know her," Tom said.

Chloe nodded knowing he was right. But knowing she was scared because she knew Brooke would hate her.

****

Chloe was sitting in her classroom. She sighed as Brooke walked in. Chloe looked at her frowned as she saw the look on Brooke's face. "What is it?" Chloe asked.

"I spoke to Max. He told me everything. You're my sister. How could you do this?" She asked.

Chloe paled. She realised Max had told her the truth. But could she fix things with her sister?