Fifteen

Chloe knew how things were either her and Max. She knew how a lot had happened with them. But she knew how she had Belle. And how she had to think about her. And what was best for her.

Chloe knew how none of it was easy. Chloe knew that she just wanted to do what was best for her daughter.

Chloe looked to see Brooke as she walked into the room. Brooke smiled at her sister. "Hey. Are you okay?" Brooke asked.

Chloe smiled. "I'm okay. I am just thinking about everything. It's not easy you know. I just want to make it work. Max and I have been so up and down. And I am not saying I want to make it work with him. I'm saying I want to give Belle the best life. And that's having both of her parents. And he has been to see her a few times."

"I know it's not easy, I do. But you and Max have been through a lot.  Max and I were over a long time ago. I am with Tom and happy. Look I know that you want to put Belle first. But all I am saying is if you want to start something with Max, it wouldn't bother me. I am your sister. And no matter what I will support you in all of this," Brooke said.

Chloe looked to Brooke and smiled. She was thankful for her sister. And how she had been there. But she didn't know what to think when it came to Max.  

****

Chloe got to the hospital as she saw Max. She smiled. "Hey. How is she?" Chloe asked.

Max looked to her and smiled. "She's good. She's a fighter that's for sure. I just can't believe I made her. Well we both did. But you know what I mean. She's like a perfect little doll," he said.

Chloe looked to him and smiled. "She is. And she's strong."

"She is," Max said as the two of them held a look.

Chloe knew how none of it was easy with Max.

"I just want to give her the best chance. I know all that has happened with us. But I do want us to be the best parents we can," Chloe said.

Max looked to her and nodded. "I want that too," he said. Knowing he had fallen in love with his little girl so much.

Chloe was glad he was stepping up for Belle.

****

Chloe sat in the hallway. She looked to see Max as he walked over to her. "Are you okay?" He asked.

Chloe looked to him and smiled.  "I'm okay I guess. My head is a mess. I dunno. I just want for things to be okay. For her to be okay. And then I have been thinking about everything with us," she said.

Max looked to her and frowned. "What do you mean?" He asked.

Chloe looked to him and sighed. "Do I have to spell it out Max. I still have feelings for you," she said as Max looked to her in shock.

But did he feel the same way?