17. When In London

Is that little boy cute or cute?? Ivan Daniels, ladies and gentlemen --->

Chapter 17

   We reached the hotel we would be staying at, 'Radisson Blu Edwardian' printed in big letters across the front of the hotel. We entered the classy lobby and moved to the check-in desk. Just then, both of our mothers walked into the lobby from a side corridor.

   "Mom!" Ian and I said in unison as we hugged them.

   Ivan came running in about ten seconds later and clung onto Ian's leg. Laughing, Ian picked him up and hugged him tightly.

   "Lexi!" he grinned and ran to me next.

   "So, this is where you'll be staying," Harriet said as Ivan hugged me.

   "Right. How many days to we get to just be tourists?" Ian asked.

   "Three days. Since y'all are just guests, you don't even need to help with anything," my mom said, smiling.

   "But we can help if Rosie needs," I offered, as Ivan ran back to his mothers' side.

   "She might need some help on the wedding day to decorate the hall for the reception. She hasn't hired a wedding planner because she wanted to do it all herself," Harriet pointed out.

   "Sure," Ian and I responded together again.

   After we checked in, we went to our rooms. Rosie decided to get one room for each family. I was supposed to stay with my mom, and Ian with his mom and Ivan. But since Harriet, Ivan, and my mother had been crashing at Rosie's place every night since they'd gotten here, Ian and I would have our own rooms. 

   I dumped my bags next to the bed and looked out of the window. We were on the first floor and the window overlooked the parking lot and the beginnings of a small forest. There was a ledge next to the windows where I could comfortably read if I wanted to. Taking out a pair of black skinnies and a light blue sweater and placing it on my bed, I quickly went for a shower.

   After forcing myself to get out of the steamy, relaxing waters, I blow-dried my hair. Tying it up in a messy bun, I emptied my backpack and put in the essentials - food, water, and an emergency book. I stepped into my black sneakers and made my way to Ian's room.

   "Oh, you're done?" Ian asked, after he opened his door.

   He donned a pair of black skinnies and a denim shirt with the sleeves rolled up. He was clearly in the middle of drying his hair, which was currently wet and sticking out at various angles.

   "Yep," I said as I entered.

   Ian closed the door behind me and resumed the drying of his hair. I sat down cross-legged on the bed and leaned against the head board.

   "So," I drawled.

   "Yeah?" he questioned, turning off the hair dryer and exiting the bathroom, combing through his hair.

   "Where do you want to go?" I asked.

   "I wrote down where I want to go in my book. It's in my bag," he said, looking at me through the mirror.

   I rummaged through his bag and pulled out a brown, leather bound book that was a little longer than my hand. Opening it, I saw some of the most amazing drawings I had ever seen in my life.

   "Whoa, Ian, did you draw these?" I asked, thumbing through the pages in awe.

   He raised his eyebrow and walked over to the bed. Peering down at the book, his cheeks reddened a little.