6. Wait, The Secret Association Of Ninja Nerds Exists?

I think we all need a little more Connor in our lives --->
(Okay, so I'm updating this is June 2018, and I can I just say that Connor Franta had such a great glow up? One of my queer heroes, honestly *heart eyes*)

Chapter 6

   "No! I'm already in a tight spot!" Ian yelled for the third time.

   "WELL THEN, YOU SHOULD HAVE THOUGHT TWICE ABOUT BREAKING THOSE DOORS!" Mr. Hutchings yelled back.

   "I DIDN'T HAVE A CHOICE!" 

   "OF COURSE YOU DID!"

   "OH, REALLY? AND WHAT WAS THAT?"

   "STOP! NOW!" I yelled, finally sick of their yelling.

   They froze and looked at me, shocked.

   "Just stop, please," I whimpered. "I'll pay, Ian doesn't have to. Now can we go?"

   For as long as I can remember, loud noises always seemed to send me into a state of panic, and having Ian and Mr. Hutchings yelling at each other in a tiny office was not doing me any favours right now.

   "There," Ian said.

   "No," Mr. Hutchings said at the same time.

   "Why not?" Ian asked.

   "It's your fault as well. How can you leave everything to her?" he said.

   "Because she's rich!" Ian exclaimed.

   I stared at him in disbelief. Just because I'm rich, I should pay for everything? For Pete's sake, I didn't even break those blooming doors! I really had no problem with paying, but it hurt to know that he didn't even try to take some level of responsibility for what he did. 

   "Oh, and you're not, huh?" I asked.

   "No, and I can't afford to take so much out of my savings," he said.

   "I don't even know why I care," I mumbled under my breath. "I'll pay. End of story. Thank you sir," I said, and got up.

   I left the room and hurriedly walked away. Some more yelling escaped the extremely non-soundproof door, but I didn't bother to turn back. I took off running to the field, making my way up to the top bench of the gallery and sprawling myself on it. Closing my eyes, I let the wind blow through me. 

   I don't even know why I try to be Ian's friend; it's not like he cares about anyone, so why would he care about me? Those words hurt, especially the fact that he said them so nonchalantly. On top of that, I'm banned from the library. Ah, the joys of life. 

   I sighed and checked the time. Turns out I had two minutes to the next class. I reluctantly pushed myself up and made my way back to my locker. As I entered the hallway, I saw Ian at his locker, looking down at his watch. Great, I couldn't even avoid him now. I took a deep breath and walked to my locker slowly, trying to be as silent as possible. After about five steps, Ian looked up and saw me. He straightened up and shoved his hands into his pockets. Sighing, I headed straight to my locker and opened it.

   "Alexis, I know what I said might have been uh...stupid," he said.

   Might have been? It surely was.

   "I just wanted to say that I really need to save money, you know? That's why I have that job," he continued.

   I picked up my Psychology books, closed my locker, and started walking in the direction of my class.

   "Come on, nerd," Ian said, stepping in front of me and momentarily blocking my path.

   I stared at him. "What?"