22. No Angus, No Thongs, But Some Perfect Snogging

Chapter 22

   "Three, two, one. Ready or not, here I come!" I called in a singsong voice, and stepped away from the wall.

   I walked silently towards the end of the corridor as I heard the soft giggle of Ivan. Stifling a laugh, I stopped briefly.

   "Gotcha!" I yelled, jumping out from behind the wall.

   However, I wasn't greeted with the cute face of Ivan Daniels, rather the hot one of Ian.

   "I think you got the wrong Daniels," Ian smirked.

   Sticking my chin out, I turned around sharply and headed back to my room.

   "You still need to find Ivan," Ian called out behind me.

   "Do it yourself," I replied, walking into my room and slamming the door shut, quickly locking it.

   "Alexis, please, talk to me," he said loudly through the door.

   I didn't give an answer, just took a deep breath.

   "I know what I did was shitty, but I swear I didn't mean to hurt you," he called out, banging softly on my door.

   "Oh yeah?"

   Great work on the silent treatment, Alexis. You deserve an Oscar more than Leonardo DiCaprio now. Moron.

   "Yeah,"

   "Pray, do tell, Ian. Tell me why you would call Julia over on the day I needed your support the most," I unlocked and threw open the door, facing Ian. "Tell me why you would choose to get some action on the day my brother and dad died, in my bloody living room, on my bloomin' couch. And why you would tell me that we were going to spend a night together to get my mind off it, but instead, you called over Julia and had a little bit of fun. Please explain it,"

   His mouth fluttered open and shut, like a fish gasping for water, as he tried to come up with an explanation.

   "I rest my case," I said, leaning against the door frame, arms folded across my chest.

   "That wasn't why she came over," he said.

   "Then why did she?"

   "I can't say no to her," he replied, hanging his head.

   I felt my heart break a little more with every word he said. In front of me, the boy of my dreams was standing, with not even an apology on his lips. And yet, I knew I liked him with a passion I had never felt before.

   "I can't believe you Ian, you're pathetic," I said, my voice breaking on the last word.

   His head whipped up, eyes filled with hurt. "I am not pathetic. You want a reason, you want an explanation? Fine, here's one. I'm fucking scared. I'm so scared of everything I feel when I'm around you, Alexis. You, out of every single fucking girl I had the grace of meeting, it had to be Alexis Rivers. Every time I see you, I want to kiss you, just kiss you till I can't breathe anymore. But I'm so fucking scared. Because I know I'll fuck up, I know I'll do something horrendously stupid and lose you in the most idiotic manner possible. And I'm not ready to go through that. So I'd much rather continue this relationship with Julia than get into something with you and end up breaking your heart,"

   Once he was done, he took a deep breath and closed his eyes, pressing his hands to his temples. I stood there in surprise and shock, not being able to comprehend what had just happened.

   Ian Daniels likes you, Alexis Rivers.

   Oh my god, so it wasn't a mistake falling for a Greek God after all, huh?