5. Breaking And Exiting?

The gorgeous, Jenny Parker (AnnaSophia Robb) --->

Chapter 5

   I sighed as I stuffed the last teddy bear back into my cupboard. Flopping down onto my bed, I let out a deep breath. Someone jumped onto my bed and repeatedly did so until I took the effort to look up at who it was.

   "Hi!" Ivan said happily.

   "Hey there," I grinned. He was so adorable.

   "I'm sorry for taking all your stuffed toys out and making you do all the work," he sighed.

   "Your mom told you to apologize, didn't she?" I asked.

   "Yeah," he said, looking down at the bed.

   "It's alright, I don't mind," I reassured him.

   "Yay!"

   I smiled and sat up. "C'mon, we should have dinner now,"

   "Sure," he said, and jumped off the bed, running out of my room.

   I sat up and straightened out my dress. Pausing for a second, I made a decision and picked out my white Converse and slipped them on. While I was carrying out the tedious task of clearing my room, I had taken out those death traps better known as high heels. And I'm done with them. Forever.

   My stomach was screaming to be filled up as I ran downstairs. I saw everyone else choosing their seats at the table. Ivan took the seat at the head of the table, my mom sat at her usual place and Harriet sat next to her. Then, I saw Ian pull out my chair.

   *Gasp*, he wouldn't dare!

   I ran to the chair and slid into it from the opposite side. Ian looked down at me in bewilderment.

   "My bad, this is my seat," I said, offering a smile.

   "Sorry," he replied mockingly.

   Okay...there is totally no mood changing happening here. Note the sarcasm.

   I sat properly and looked at the glorious spread laid out on the table. Ian took the seat next to me and got comfortable. 

   "Shall we start?" I asked eagerly.

   "Of course," my mom smiled.

   The sad part was that I had to wait for Harriet, Ivan, and Ian to serve themselves first. Good manners and all that poppycock. And to make matters worse, Ian took agonizingly long. I don't know what was wrong with him. One moment he's tickling me, the next he's mocking me. What the hell is with this boy? My stomachs' growling got louder and louder with each passing second, and in a futile attempt to cover it up, I went through a violent fit of fake coughing. Harriet finally cleared her throat, and Ian dropped the spoon and withdrew his plate. I quickly and mercifully served myself and dug in.

~

   As I dragged myself to my French class, I tried to convince my brain that it wouldn't be as bad as I believe it to be. I entered and settled down in my place, quickly pulling out my Red Velvet cupcake and taking a bite out of the velvety – as the name suggests – dessert. I almost moaned at how good it tasted. My time in paradise was cut short by Ian passing my table and plucking the beautiful cupcake out of my hand.

   "Washroom, sir," he said and walked out of the class, taking a bite out of my cupcake and looking at me with this evil glint in his eyes.

   I was so shocked that I couldn't even react for a little while. After he left, I realized in sheer horror that he would probably finish the entire cupcake. I stood up abruptly and stared at the teacher.