14. The Goofy Side Of Ian Daniels?

Picture of Alexis's outfit -->

Chapter 14­­­

   All through dinner, Ian tried to make conversation with me but I was intent on ignoring him.

   Serves him right. The least he could do was carry two bags.

   "I'll start singing as badly as I did the other night," he threatened, following me upstairs to my room.

   I cringed at the memory of his awful voice piercing the silent and peaceful night, but refused to cave. He even followed me into my room.

   "Get out," I whined.

   "Hah! You spoke to me!" he grinned triumphantly. 

   I stuck my tongue out him and jumped onto my bed.

   Real mature, I know.

   Ian looked around my room in fascination. My walls were painted with almost every book and TV series I loved. It had Doctor Who, Supernatural, Merlin, Artemis Fowl, Percy Jackson, Heroes of Olympus, Alex Rider, The Diamond Brothers, and so many more, I couldn't even count them.

   "These are so cool," he gasped in awe.

   "I know," I looked up at my bare ceiling.

   He continued walking around my room, examining my bookshelves, posters, pictures, and just about everything I owned. He paused at my bedside table and picked up a framed picture.

   Oh gods no.

   He looked at it in confusion and then looked at me.

   "Who's this?" Ian asked.

   The frame held a photograph of me, standing with another boy. We were all smiles, and our flushed faces were sweaty after a tiring game of football. It was from four years ago, back when everything was alright. 

   "No one," I lied and grabbed the photo.

   As I looked at it, the memories of that day came flooding back. It all went wrong that day, and none of us could have seen it coming. I realized a little too late that a tear had rolled down my cheek. Hastily wiping it away, I saw Ian watching me with concern. Avoiding his gaze, I placed the frame gently on the bedside table and fell back down onto my bed. 

   "What happened?" he asked, his voice surprisingly gentle.

   "Nothing," I replied.

   I'm not ready yet. I don't think I'll ever be ready.

   "Is that Ashton?" he questioned.

   I whipped my head towards him, the concern and confusion evident on his face.

   "How do you know him?" I countered, my voice hoarse.

   "I heard you say his name that night at the fight," he replied, raising an eyebrow.

   I didn't realize he had heard me, but that made sense. 

   "What did he do to you?" he asked. 

   "Nothing, why?" I asked, surprised. 

   "Did he hurt you?" he continued, ignoring my question.

   "Of course not," I gasped.

   His entire body noticeably relaxed. "So, who is he?"

   "I can't," I rolled over and clutched my pillow.