19. The Odd Life Of Julia Monroe

Chapter 19

   Knock.
   Knock.

   I sighed and put my book down. "Come in,"

   Ian opened the door and plopped himself down next to me on my bed. "Connor's called everyone over, he wants to go on a 'High School Musical' marathon before school starts," he chuckled.

   I smiled. "Tonight?"

   Ian nodded and rested his back against the wall. "You want to come?"

   "Sure," I shrugged.

   He stood up and went back to his room. I got up, locked the door, and rummaged through my closet trying to find something nice to wear.

   It had been roughly a month since the wedding. More importantly, a month since the kiss. Ian didn't bring it up at all. For the first weeks, I couldn't even look him in the eye. I eventually realized that he was never going to talk about it. And as much as that hurt, I guess it was for the best. I mean, everyone knows that Ian would never actually like someone like me.

   Pulling out an over-sized 'Mayday Parade' sweater, I slipped it over me and shimmied into a pair of black skinnies. Stepping into my Converse, I tied my hair in a high ponytail and went out. Ian was already downstairs, speaking to someone on the phone.

   "Well, I'm kind of busy right now," he said. "Okay, tomorrow then? I'm just going to Con's house. Chill, Julia. Alright, see you then. Bye," he disconnected and ran a hand through his hair.

   My heart clenched at the sound of Julia's name. Yeah, I've known for a long time that they were hooking up, but after that kiss, I hated the feelings I got around Ian.

   "Everything alright?" I questioned, locking the front door as we walked to the car.

   "Yeah, Jules just wanted to meet up tomorrow," he shrugged, getting into the car.

   I nodded, staying in silence as I drove to Connor's house. When we got there, Jen and Kate were already inside, getting comfortable on the couches. Jen and Connor were sitting on the loveseat, sharing a quilt and already giving each other cheesy grins and giggles. Kate and I shared a look and burst out laughing.

   They had started dating around a week after Ian and I returned, and were in an 'official' relationship for around a week now.

   "Guys, cut the lovey-dovey stuff, it makes me want to puke," Ian commented, falling into the seat next to me.

   Just for emphasis, Connor kissed Jen and smirked at Ian. He simply rolled his eyes and started the movie after getting comfortable on the couch next to me. 

   "You try living with them," someone sighed from the doorway.

   Our heads all whipped to the voice, my eyes widening in surprise. There was a girl, roughly fourteen or fifteen, standing by the doorway, looking at us with a smile on her face.

   "Man, must suck to be you," Ian laughed and got up, running to the girl.

   "Stay the hell away from me!" she cried out, laughing.

   He wrapped an arm around her neck, pulled her down, and messed up her hair with his knuckles.

   "You're a dick," she stated, running her fingers through her hair when Ian let go of her.

   "Language!" Ian and Connor said in unison.

   "Yes, you guys are amazing role-models," she said, rolling her eyes.