20. If The Dress Fits

Alexis's dress, yay --->

Chapter 20  

Ian's POV:

   "Are you gonna watch it with me or not?" Alexis demanded, crossing her arms over her chest, her mouth turning into a slight pout.

   "But it's going to take the entire night, I need my beauty sleep," I whined, swinging my arms around me like a stubborn child.

   "Yeah," she scoffed, with a twinkle in her eye. "You clearly need it,"

   I fake gasped and covered my mouth with my hands. "Oh no you didn't,"

   "Oh yes I did," she grinned and fell onto the couch, just as 'Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix' started.

   "Fine, I'm going to sleep," I said, turning around and heading for the stairs.

   "Loser," she mumbled under her breath, and turned up the volume.

   Once I got to my room, I quickly changed into my pajamas and fell into bed. Now that I finally had some peace and quiet, I could think about the only thing that had been on my mind for too long. 

   Alexis Rivers.

   For fuck's sake Ian, you sound like something out of 'Dirty Dancing' or some fucking chick flick. Get yourself together.

   I turned over and listened to the sounds of the night until I heard the voice of Harry Potter breaking the calm. Alexis was watching the full day marathon of Harry Potter that had come on TV. The only reason I didn't want to join her was because I was scared of what I would do next. Who knows, after all, I fucking kissed the girl!

   After around an hour of trying to get sleep and failing, I threw off my quilt and went downstairs. Alexis was stretched out on the floor with quilts covering her like fluffy cotton candy. On closer inspection, you could see that she was mouthing every single word being spoken.

   "You need a life, nerd," I sighed.

   "And you need your beauty sleep," she retorted, not taking her eyes off the screen.

   I settled down under the quilt next to her and rested my back against the sofa. "I hate you,"

   "No one asked you come down here," she replied, her lips tilting upwards.

   "Yeah, but no one can get sleep with the volume of that thing," I said.

   She laughed and leaned her head on my shoulder, drawing herself in. I pulled her close to me, welcoming the warmth.

   "Why didn't you tell me about Julia?" she asked softly after around a minute.

   "What about Julia?" I asked, confused.

   She sat up straight and muted the TV. "Connor told me what happened. All the times that I had insulted her and said that she was so clingy and desperate, you said nothing. Why not?"

   "It wasn't my story to tell, and neither was it Connor's," I replied simply. "Why did he tell you anyways?"

   "Because I asked him,"

   "And why did you care?"

   "Because I don't like her,"

   "Why not?"

   "'Cause she clings to you, and that's creepy,"

   I grinned. "You're jealous,"

   Alexis's eyebrows shot up. "I would never be jealous of Julia, you idiot," she laughed, getting back into her comfy position and unmuting the TV.