1. The Nerd Needs A Tutor, Guess I'm Not All That Cliche, Huh?

Author's note:

Hey y'all! This is my new book, I hope you guys like the whole idea of this story and well, the story in general... Please give it a shot, and please do comment and vote.
Enjoy!

Everyone, meet Alexis Rivers (Georgie Henley) --->

Chapter 1

   Mmm...cookie. Crumb? Quick, dust it off.

   I quickly dusted the crumb off my tee and hid the cookie under the desk. Our economics teacher droned on about the functions of the Human Resources department at the front of class. Honestly, it's common sense, and it pains me that she takes this long to teach it. Ah well, might as well enjoy the small things in life, like this cookie. Taking another bite, I swore to myself that I will marry a chocolate chip cookie one day. 

   When the bell rang, I stuffed the cookie in my mouth and quickly packed up. Slinging my bag haphazardly across my torso, I ran out of the classroom to avoid the crowd. I mumbled a few apologies as I bumped into people, eventually making it to the safety of my locker. I slid my Eco books in and took a deep breath. After all, this was one of the few moments I get to myself to not interact with anyone else. Alas, the beauty and serenity of the moment was destroyed with a bang from the locker next to mine. 

   Sighing, I checked it. Sure enough, it was the same couple everyday. Pressed up against the locker was Julia Monroe, a girl who some kids (her followers) dubbed our Queen Bee. Ian Daniels, who had been honored with the silly title of Bad Boy by every soul in our school, was furiously swapping saliva with her. 

   Let me tell you a few things about Ian. First off, his locker has been right next to mine for an entire year, but he has never once acknowledged my presence. Want to know why? There are two perfectly good reasons for that. One, I was what you would call a geek/nerd/loser – pick your poison. He was the jock/cool kid/popular bad boy of our school. For him to look at me would basically be social suicide. Two, he was ALWAYS making out with some girl or the other at his locker, so I guess he never got a chance to see me.

   Ian had broken more hearts than his brain allowed him to count. The rumour was that he slept with a different girl every night. I guess Julia's quite the clingy type, since she hadn't left his side for around a week, which was when they first hooked up. He even had that classic "bad boy" attire – leather jacket, black skinnies, a band t-shirt, AND a bike. Revolting, isn't it?

   Julia's moaning snapped me back to reality.

   "Ew..." I whispered, and walked to the library.

   "Alexis!" someone called me before I could make it very far. 

   I turned around to find my best friends, Jenny and Kate, running after me. 

   "Hey guys," I smiled, stopping to allow them to catch up. 

   "How were things at the locker today?" Kate asked, winking.

   "Same old thing," I sighed.

   "It's so disgusting, kissing," Jenny said.

   "It's really sweet, you know?" Kate said at the same time.

   "Not when you see Ian doing it everyday," I countered.

   We all laughed at my comment.

   "I'm heading to the library, anyone joining me?" I asked, after a few minutes of chatting.

   "Nope, we got classes," Kate stuck her tongue out. 

   "We'll talk to you later!" Jenny grinned as they jogged away from me.