22

Emma woke in bed to the sound of the door knocking. She got out of bed and grabbed Sami's shirt.

She opened the door and saw Charley covered in blood. "What the?"

"W-Warren... he killed a man. And... and he threatened me. My dad threatened me too," Charley sobbed.

Emma was shocked. She helped her best friend into the house. She called for Sami who came running downstairs. "What's happened?"

"Warren and Trevor. Don't ask."

Sami nodded. He smiled as he looked at Charley. He turned to Emma. "Get her in the shower. And get her some clean clothes. Burn those ones too."

***
Emma and Sami were in the village. Emma smiled. "I love you. You know that right?" She said.

"I know. I love you too."

The two of them kissed as Warren ran towards them. "Have you seen Charley?" He asked.

Emma shook her head. "Not at all. Why? Has something happened?"

Warren shook his head and walked off. Sami frowned. "He and Trevor Royle killed a man. They shouldn't be walking the streets."

Emma turned to him. "Do you really want to be the one who shops Warren Fox and Trevor Royle to the cops? That's actually signing your own death warrant. We're having a baby."

"I know. But your best friend turned up at our place covered in blood. And we need to protect her."

Emma smiled. "I love how protective you are. But you have to know.. no good can come from sending them to jail."

Sami nodded and sighed. He kissed her. "Go see your mum. I've got to go to the office and sort some stuff."

***
Sandy smiled as Emma walked in. She handed her some clothes. "Mum?"

"For my little granddaughter. Thought you'd like them," Sandy said as she smiled.

Emma sat down and opened the small bags. She grinned. "These are so cute."

"Some of them are what I bought when I thought the twins were girls. But they were obviously boys. Some of it does look old. But..."

"Mum. Stop it these are so cute. You're the best mum ever. Okay?" Emma said as she hugged her.

Sandy nodded and held her daughter close. She smiled. "I can't wait to meet your little girl."

"Me either."

Sandy smiled and held her daughter close. Knowing she couldn't tell her about what she had found out.

***
Emma went back to the flat. She saw Charley sitting on the sofa. "Do you wanna tell me what happened?" Emma asked.

Charley wiped her tears. "I took the pregnancy test. And I am pregnant. I went to tell Warren. But he was in the club with my dad. And... he was beating this guy on the floor. He was bleeding so badly. I-I tried to help him. But they pulled me off. And I slipped in the blood. And that's when I came here. I don't want to see either of them," she sobbed.

Emma held her close and sighed. She looked at her. "You know you can always go on holiday? I know it's hard. But you have that option."

"I know. But I can't leave you. You're my best friend and you're going to have a baby. I can't leave you," she told her.

Emma grinned. "I'll be okay. But if you don't want to see them, it's your only option."

***
Emma stood in the village as Charley got into her car and drove off. Sami stood beside her. "Where's she going?" She asked.

"She's going to New York. She's coming back. But she has to get over this first," Emma said.

Sami kissed her and smiled. He held her close. But he had no idea that one piece of news was going to change Emma's life for good.