23

Emma groaned. Her due date was getting closer and she was scared to have her baby. But she knew that both she and Sami couldn't wait to have their baby.

Emma walked downstairs and saw Sami sitting on the sofa. She smiled. "Not long left now until we have her."

"I know. I can't wait. She's going to change our lives. I promise you. Everything is going to be okay."

Emma nodded and smiled. "I know. We've got this."

"Yes we have."

The two of them kissed heatedly as there was a knock at the door. Emma groaned. She opened it and saw Trevor. "Where's Charley gone? Her stuff has gone and Foxy hasn't seen her."

Emma shrugged. "I don't know. You tell me where she is. She's my best friend. I'm having a baby and she isn't here. So you tell me."

"No doubt you do know where she is. So I think you should tell me. She's my daughter," Trevor said.

Emma rolled her eyes. "And I don't know where she is."

***
Emma went into town. She looked up as she saw Charley. She frowned. "I thought you were in America. What are you doing here?" She asked.

"I got bored. And I shouldn't let my father or Warren keep me away from my home. I'm staying at a hotel in town. So don't tell them I'm here," she said.

Emma smiled and held her close. "I won't tell anyone. I promise. It's good to have you here."

Charley smiled and nodded. "It's good to be here. I've missed you."

"I've missed you too. An awful lot."

The two of them hugged. Emma sighed. "What are you going to do about the baby?" She asked.

Charley shrugged. "I'm keeping it. As to weather or not Warren is being involved remains to be seen. I'm not risking him hurting my baby. Especially since this baby is all I have."

"I understand that. You just have to be careful. Okay?"

Charley nodded and smiled. "Okay. Now do you want to get some lunch? My treat?"

"Yes."

***
Emma was sitting in the restaurant with Charley. She sighed. "I'm so scared to have this baby. But at the same time, I can't wait. Is that wrong of me?" She asked.

"Not at all. You're a new mum. It's to be expected. I'm pretty sure I'll be the same. I just think you have to focus on the future and being a good mum. You can do it," Charley said.

Emma nodded. "That's what I'm hoping for. I just... I don't know. I feel like there's something bad going to happen. And I feel like I have to protect myself."

Charley frowned. "Something to do with Sami? Or someone else in general?" She asked.

"I don't know. I just don't know why. But I feel like I have something to protect myself against," Emma said.

Charley nodded and smiled. "You're going to be fine. Little bub is going to be okay. Do you trust me?"

Emma nodded. "Yeah."

***
Emma went back to the flat. Sami was there. He looked at her. "I know you're worried about being a mum. But it's going to be okay. I promise."

Emma smiled and nodded. But she had no idea how everything was going to come crashing down in front of her. Knowing how it was going to change her life.