26

Emma and Sami had taken Sapphire home. Emma was worried that she was going to be a bad mum. Especially since she knew it was going to be hard.

Sami looked to Emma as he put Sapphire in the Moses basket. He smiled. "She really is beautiful. Her mum isn't too bad either."

"She's much more perfect than me. Let's be real," Emma said as she looked to him.

"I think you're being modest babe. You're stunning. I think you're the most beautiful woman on this planet. And you've just given birth to the most beautiful baby on this planet," Sami said with a smile on his face.

"That means a lot. I really wish I was."

Sami kissed her and smiled. He knew how hard she was struggling with it all. Especially since he knew that it wasn't easy giving birth.

***
Sami let Charley into the flat. He smiled. "Try and talk to her. She's saying she isn't attractive at all," he said.

"Oh get lost. She's stunning."

Sami nodded and smiled. "That's what I keep telling her. Try and talk to her for me please."

"I will. Seriously. She is perfection. And her baby is gorgeous too," Charley said as she walked off to her best friend.

Emma looked to her. "Hey. What are you doing here?" She asked.

"I'm here because you need a confidence boost. And I wanna see my godbaby."

Emma sighed as she looked to her best friend. "I don't need a confidence boost. I just gave birth to a baby. I'm not feeling the best right now."

Charley nodded. "I know that. But I just want you to know that you are incredibly beautiful. And you birthed this little cutie bug."

"I know. I just feel like maybe I'm not beautiful enough for Sami. Like maybe he could find better," Emma admitted.

Charley rolled her eyes and smiled. "Now you're being silly. You're hot as hell. If I was Sami, I'd do you," she told her.

"Ha!"

Emma picked up Sapphire and handed her to Charley. She sighed. "I just think maybe I need to be prettier. For him."

"Stop it now. You're being mental."

***
Emma went for a walk. She found herself outside her mum's house. Sandy opened the door. "You okay love?" She asked.

Emma nodded and walked into the house. She smiled. "Sapphire is with Sami. He's mesmerised with her."

"Good. You should bring her round here. Be nice to spend some time with her," Sandy said with a smile.

Emma nodded. "I will. I just had to get out for a little bit. I'm going insane being cooped up."

Sandy smiled. She knew how much she loved her daughter. But she didn't want to see her struggling at all.

Emma looked around. "Where are the boys?"

"The twins are god knows where. Ziggy is off wooing Leela. Freddie is at the garage. And I haven't seen Joe at all," Sandy told her.

***
Emma walked back into the house. She saw Sami and smiled. "How's she been?" She asked.

"She's been good. How are you?"

Emma nodded and smiled. "I'm okay. Just tired."

But Emma had no idea how she was going to find her life spiralling out of control.