27

Emma sighed as she woke in bed next to Sami. He was feeding Sapphire. She sighed. "I could have done that."

"You were up all night with her babe. You deserve a break," Sami said as he looked to her.

Emma nodded. She climbed out of bed and walked into the bathroom. Sami walked in behind her. "You're amazing. You know that right?" Sami said as he kissed her neck.

Emma turned to him. "I wish I was. I just don't feel that beautiful at the moment. All I know do know is that I feel awful. I look awful."

Sami kissed her and smiled. "You look amazing. You've just given birth to our beautiful little girl. Our stunning little girl who is asleep over there.
Happy that she's got her mummy and daddy here."

"I guess."

***
Emma was walking through the village with Sapphire. She walked over to Charley and smiled. "So your goddaughter would love to spend some time with you. She misses you," she said.

Charley smiled. She sat down and took the baby from Emma. Emma sighed. "So what's going on with you ? You don't seem yourself," she said.

"Nothing. I'm okay. I just haven't been sleeping too well lately. Don't worry. How's it going being a mummy to her?" She asked.

Emma shook her head. "Uh-huh. Don't think you can change the subject. What's going on?"

Charley looked to her. "Warren and I had a huge fight. He slept with Sienna. And now she's rubbing it in my face."

"Why did he sleep with her?"

"Beats me. You never answered my question. How's being a mummy?" Charley asked.

Emma nodded and smiled. She sighed. "It's amazing. But I feel like I'm not good enough for her. And I'm worried that Sami is going to think I'm not a good mum and take her from me," she admitted.

Charley smiled and took her hand. "You're an amazing mum. Sami won't leave you. He knows you're doing a brilliant job. You just need to relax and take it easy. Go easy on yourself too. Okay?"

"Thanks Charl."

***
Emma walked into her mum's house and smiled as Sandy took Sapphire into her arms. She smiled. "Hey mum. Good to see you mum," she joked.

"Sorry love. Just had to have a cuddle with this beautiful little girl," Sandy said as she smiled.

Emma sat down and sighed. Sandy looked to her. "Are you okay love? You don't seem yourself," she said.

"I'm fine mum. Don't worry."

Sandy wasn't convinced. She knew her daughter. And she knew she was hiding something. Sandy smiled. "You can talk to me. I won't ever tell anyone what you tell me."

Emma nodded and smiled. "I know mum. I'm fine though. I promise."

"Okay."

***
Emma went back to Sami. He smiled and pulled her close. "You are amazing. Has anyone told you that?" He said.

"I wish. But thank you."

Sami kissed and looked to her. "It's all going to be okay. You know that right?" He told her.

Emma shrugged and smiled. But she had no idea how everything was going to be far from fine. Especially when a face from Sami's past came back to haunt her.