17

Emma went to see Charlee. She saw her best friend and smiled. "Hey. Is everything okay?" She asked.

Charlee shook her head. "No. I think my dad has done something to Warren. He hasn't answered my calls or texts."

"Maybe he's playing hard to get?"

Charlee shook her head and sighed. "No. I was with him yesterday morning. He told me he couldn't wait to have me in his bed. I went to his flat and I couldn't see him there," she said.

Emma smiled. "We'll sort this. I promise."

***
Sami went to find Emma. He saw her sitting in the coffee shop. "You left me this morning."

"Yeah I was with Charlee. Girl talk."

Sami nodded and sighed. He didn't want Emma to overwork herself. He knew she needed to be careful. "Just think of the baby."

"I know. It was a girl chat. Nothing too over the top. She thinks that Trevor has done something to Warren. She hasn't heard from him."

Sami rolled his eyes. "That's not... Emma. You don't need the stress. She should know better then to dump that on you," he said.

"It doesn't matter."

"Yes it does matter. You're pregnant and you almost lost the baby. You should be taking it easy," Sami said.

Emma rolled her eyes. She looked at him. "I am capable of talking to my friend. Okay?"'she told him.

***
Sandy smiled when she saw her pregnant daughter. She looked at her. "You alright love?" She asked.

Emma nodded. "I had an argument with Sami. But it's stupid."

"How?"

"I was talking with Charlee. And she thinks something has happened to Warren because of Trevor. We were only talking."

Sandy nodded. "He's worried about you love. You almost lost your baby. You need to be careful love," she told her.

Emma rolled her eyes. "Everyone is treating me like I'm a kid. I know what I'm doing. I'm perfectly capable of talking to my best friend and I can do what I want! Just back off!"

***
Charlee looked up as Emma walked towards her. She smiled. "Is everything okay?" She asked.

"I had to get away from everyone. They're doing my head in. Going on at me about the baby."

Charlee sighed. "It's my fault. I shouldn't have come to you about Warren," she said.

"No. You're my best friend. I want to be there for you. Have you heard from Warren?" She asked.

"Nope. My father won't tell me what he's done either. When I've found out what happened, I'm leaving. I don't want to be around my father."

"You can't leave me. I need you."

Charlee smiled. "Look. You have your beautiful baby coming soon. And you have your hot lawyer. That'll be fun."

Emma sighed. "Charlee. Don't leave. Cause then I'd have no one decent to talk to," she said.

***
Sami looked up as Emma walked in. She smiled. "I'm sorry. I shouldn't have lost it with you," she said.

"I'm sorry too. I shouldn't stop you from talking to your friends. But I don't want to lose our baby."

Emma took his hand and kissed him. "Everything is going to be okay. We're going to get our precious baby. I promise."

Sami nodded and kissed her. But would their relationship work out? Or would everything come crashing down for them?