16 || girls day

[TW: mentions of abuse]

June, Morria, Coral, Lani and I all get our shoes on, telling the boys we're leaving. As we pile into the car (me getting shotgun), I grab my phone, "can I choose the music?"

"no! Let me choose the music!" Morria huffs. I turn around in my seat to face her, "you're only gonna play your songs!"

"and you're gonna play Roadtrip by Dream!" She responds. I put on a fake suprised face, "I can't belive you think I'd go that low." I joke.

"Lilly can choose the first song, then Morria, ecerta" Coral confirms, not letting anyone bargan with her. I smirk happily, connecting my phone to the car and opening spotify. I search up 'Life by the Sea" by Tubbo.

"okay, this is better" Morria laughs, starting to sing along with me.

"If I'm gonna be honest, I..." I start, "dropped out of collage found myself a whole new realm of knolage, down the forest foraging for words I can ryme with orange"

"pop off?!" June exclaims.

"look I'm a simple gatherer amung a world of hunters," Morria joins, "not about chasing clout, I'd rather gaze at clouds and fill with comforts"

"uh-oh!" We all sing at the same time.

"on the trending tab! Hope this wont be ending bad. Checking anilitics is like working in a ferensic lab!"

"Oh lord!"

"I'm getting tired, I'm to young for a credit card! And I crashed the very first time I drove my parents car!" I sing, then interupt myself by saying, "same!" Quickly then continuing.

"tear drops, we're makin friends between screens and deep seas!"

===

as the song ends, we all laugh.

"Did you actually crash your parents car?" Lani asks me. I nod, "yeah, crashed right into my mailbox..." my voice trails off, remembering how my mom reacted.

"Lilly Paderson! Why did you do that?! You stupid child! Imature and a fucking idiot." My mom yells, forcing me out of the car and inside the house. "sorry, mu-" I get interupted by my mom screaming, "you will refer to me as Mother or you will not be able to step inside this house again!" I fall silent, as my moms hand whips across my face.

"Lilly?" Lani's voice snaps me back to reality. I shake my head, "sorry" I mumble. Coral looks at me for a second before turning her head back to the road, "it's okay, Lilly. You didn't do anything."

Morria grabs my phone from my hand and plays her song. Mask. By Dream. I look at her, "what the fuck?! Play a good song."

"make me!" She exclaims, folding her arms. I smirk, "okay" "wait no-"

I grab my phone, playing one of her songs. She groans, "please don't" I start yelling the lyrics with the rest of the car, god, I love my friends.

"Okay- can I actually choose a song now?" Morria asks. I nod with a smile, "no joke songs" I joke.

"I'll play 505" Morria smiles, playing 505 by the Arctic Monkeys. I lean back in my seat, softly humming to the song.

===

after the movie, we all get back in the car. I once again, get shotgun and I notice the June is glued to her phone. I smirk, "you texting Tu- Toby?" I laugh at my mistake and June's head shoots up, "no!" She says quickly.