Chapter 14 ~ First task

November 24th. The first task of the Triwizard tournament. I stood on a landing above the circular arena wearing yellow and black clothes which were almost robe like. They were comfortable to an extent, and I felt rather cool wearing these special clothes. Very few people were filling in. Edmund stood behind me, hand on my shoulder "You're gonna be oo-okay" he says as looks at the arena with some of his mouth open.

"Hah, yeah," I replied, carefully walking down the small steps that led to the front row seats. I then also tripped froward but caught myself just in time as I attempted to converse with my brother. "Careful here, and careful then"

The both of us walked to stand halfway between the tents put up for the contestants and the arena. Edmund came to a stop as his eyes followed someone. He stared for a while. "Who're you looking at?"

"Me? Nobody" he slightly shrugged and entered the tent. I turned to look over my shoulder, only finding a tall boy and a blonde-haired girl taking a seat. "Do you know the both of them?" I asked, walking over.

Edmund replied in a shrug once more "Not exactly but-"

~

"Bets, place your bets!" Fred yelled along with his brother walking through the crowd of people as the arena was now packed full. "Bets here, bets taken here!" George exclaimed. I stared at the audience and quickly slipped back into the rather large tent. The tents had tiny rooms with beds within them for contestants to change into proper clothes suited to the challenge or to lie down. I sat on it for five minutes, but feeling as restless as I did, I just walked back and forth. The other contestant was also up and about. Fleur was conversing with Krum and Harry was biting his nails with Cedric, nowhere to be seen. Edmund still stayed with me without getting caught.

"Thank you very much. Your attention, please." Dumbledore announced outside. The five of us all appeared and gathered round. Harry shook his arms by his sides while walking over. "This is a great day for all of us." and the sound of a dragon roaring was heard. "Each of the three tasks involves very considerable danger. Please keep your seats at all times." I stopped listening now. Hermione appeared behind the curtains, mouthing Good Luck to me and turning to converse with Harry.

I crossed my arms and turned around to find Edmund and Cleo both standing before me. Both of them looking tall and partly silhouetted."Good luck. I wish you all the luck possible to have," Edmund sighs. "You're going to do great. I believe in you. Just don't get hurt," Cleo adds on with a hand on my shoulder. I quickly stepped over and gave Edmund a hug, followed by Cleo whilst saying, "I love the both of you very much. I love you guys so much," I said with a nod.

Edmund and Cleo then lingered for a second and then turned away and I got one last glance at their faces and they disappeared.

Rita Skeeter was leaving the tent and Krum had a scowl on his face.

"Good day champions, gather 'round please. Now, you've waited, you've wondered, and at last the moment has arrived. A moment only five of you can fully appreciate. W-what are you doing here, Miss Granger?" Dumbledore explained and stumbled towards the end noticing Hermione's presence.

"Oh-uh-sorry I'll just go," Hermione replied with a distraught look on her face and left.

"Barty, the bag" Dumbledore called. I glanced at Cedric but quickly diverted my attention.

Barty stepped forward. "Champions, in a circle around me," he showed with his finger, drawing a small circle in the air.

"Miss Delacour over here. Mr. Krum, and, uh, Mr. Potter over here. That's right" Barty shifted and moved people around. "Now, Miss Delacour, if you will." he opened a blue cloth pouch which sizzled. Fleur pulled out a really tiny green coloured looking Dragon. "The Welsh Green" and then "Mr Krum. The Chinese Fireball, ooh." Barty moved towards Cedric, who had a scornful look on his face. Uh, "The Swedish Short-Snout" and Harry's by far the most dangerous one "The Hungarian Horntail"