Chapter 24 ~ Fever Dream

Edmund's POV:

Sleep. Sleep. Sleep. Sleep. Why can't you sleep? Got to sleep Edmund. Please, you have such a long day tomorrow. I shifted left and right, pulling my blanket to cover a bit of my face. I closed my eyes, releasing a small breath. After a couple of minutes I found my still still awake. I groaned sitting up right. I slowly blinked at the wall covered by shadows. I couldn't even see the wall. So I just stared into the darkness.

An hour later . . .

I paced back and forth. What should I do? Not right now, about all the million other messed up things in my life. I need to sleep, I scolded myself as I bit my nails.  I then sat the edge of my bed, flicking through my comic book. I began to read, eventually finishing it.

Still nothing. 

I imagined how bad I must've looked yesterday. Dark circles, blood-shot eyes, fighting to stay awake. Honestly, I felt pain in the back of my eyes - if that makes sense. I don't think anyone would understand. 

I then swallow down the dinner that rises in my throat. I lie back down, with the low ticking of the clock in the background. 

~

I shuffle to breakfast. My tie loose, top button- I didn't keep physical appearances up much. I sat down, apple in front of me. I just rested my head on my arm, closing my eyes sinking into my thoughts. Sometimes, it's like your swimming through your thoughts and memories that you don't even realize that your thinking or day dreaming. 

After who knows how long I lift my head up to find people surrounding me everywhere. "Hey, you're tired today? Got to much on your mind y/l/n?"

"Something like that" I said slowly, turning to find Louis sitting next to me. I look at his eyes and then away, looking at the apple. 

"Well, y/l/n gotta get going if we wanna keep up impressions with McGonagall," the blonde one mutters. He gets up and leaves with some other people I didn't bother to look at. 

I then  had let out a sigh, running a hand through my hair. "It's okay," I muttered.

"What?" Louis whispered.

"It's fine. What happened, I wanted to . . . um . . . apologize. I shouldn't have reacted the way you did and I had no right to yell at you. It's just I wasn't expecting that. I was hoping that it'd be okay if there was no awkwardness or anything bad-"

Louis raises his eyebrows in shock. "Huh?"

"Do you need me to explain it again?"

"No, I got that. I just- apology accepted, we're cool"

"Good"

"Good"

He then raises an eyebrow "I'm sorry I didn't get that, could you repeat that"

"Repeat what?" I shrugged with a small smile as I stood up, with my apple in hand. 

~

I felt a lot better through out the day, maybe that was what was on my mind. I don't know. 

~

Your POV: 

I sat in the Gryffindor common room with George's head on my lap. He was coming down with a terrible fever and Fred and I tried are best to help him. I was placing wet towels on his forehead to reduce the fever. He let out a groan "Why does this have to happen?" 

"Georgie-" I tried to reason. I then placed the small towel in the bowl of water on the table next to me. I took the other towel resting in the bowl and squeezed the water out and placed it on his forehead. I alternated every couple of minutes. "Where's Fred?"