Chapter 37 ~ Mishaps

That morning Harry fainted in class.

That morning I panicked in class.

That morning we were both a mess.

That morning, I found myself seated in the bustling Great Hall alongside Megan, Fred, and George, my cereal untouched on the table before me. An overwhelming sense of anxiety gripped me, making my heart race against my chest. It was as if an invisible weight pressed upon my shoulders, leaving me on edge. Yet, Fred, George, and Megan provided a comforting presence. I had thought they were oblivious to the storm raging within me, but their support was evident in their actions and kind words.

As we sat there, engaged in casual conversation, Fred leaned in closer. With a subtle gesture, he directed my attention to Harry, seated at the Gryffindor table. "He woke up with a fright today," Fred whispered, concern etched on his face. "He seems very distressed, on edge. We've tried to help, but..."

Following Fred's gaze, I observed Harry drinking from his goblet, his hand trembling slightly upon closer inspection. Our eyes met, and I mustered a reassuring smile, hoping to offer him a sliver of comfort. In that fleeting moment, his smile reflected back at me, but his eyes betrayed nervousness.

I glanced at Cedric, sitting at the table with his friends, and then turned my attention back to my breakfast. I couldn't share this fight with Megan and the Twins; they would press me for the secret I was not telling. Edmund, in his protective nature, would only get angry. It was all connected to Louis, and confiding in him would make matters worse.

My only confidant seemed to be...Logan.

It had been a while since we last talked. We had always been easy like that.

I sat in Defence Against the Dark Arts class next to Megan, unpacking my books and parchment from my bag. As Mad-Eye Moody entered the room, something about his demeanour caught my attention, causing me to sit up straighter. There was an undeniable air of peculiarity surrounding him. The lesson began with Mad-Eye assigning us a task – reading a chapter and answering questions, followed by a presentation where we would evaluate one of the spells discussed. It was a concise assignment.

Amidst the buzz of conversation that erupted in the classroom, Megan and I turned our attention to the Twins, who were seemingly engaged in completing the task. George leaned in, his voice lowered to a whisper. "Hey, Meg," he teased, a smirk playing on his lips. "What did you get for question 2c?"

Megan responded with an eye roll, her smile indicating she had the answer at hand. She opened her notebook, revealing the words "Flutterby Bush" written neatly on the page.

"Thanks, Meg," George winked at her before quickly jotting down the answer. The conversation soon veered off from the assigned task, steering into other topics unrelated to Dark Arts. Despite the distraction, a sense of worry gnawed at me. We were scheduled to present in front of the class today, and the thought made me a little apprehensive. However, Megan reassured me with her usual confidence, assuring me that we would be able to wing it just fine, as we always did.

Amidst the chatter, Fred interjected, his voice trailing off as he struggled to find the right words. "We should all go out at the full moon next week, you know, to get a little more comfortable in our new..." He left the suggestion hanging in the air, its implications clear to all.

I nodded in agreement, understanding his intention. "Yes, please," I replied, my voice carrying a hint of eagerness. I had ventured out a few times since that dreadful nightmare, seeking to regain a sense of comfort before the final task. "Together." With that simple word, the decision was made. On the upcoming full moon, we would all venture out together in our Animagus forms.