Chapter 15 ~ Resting

After the tournament finished and thankfully, everyone made it out alive, I went back up to my common room. Cedric and I both walked together as all the Hufflepuffs surrounded us while we walked towards the kitchens. My arms were stinging terribly, perhaps cause I was congratulated with lots of hugs. Cedric looked as terrible as I but was not covered in at least as many bandages as me. He had one on the palm of his hand and his upper arm, a few bruises on his face as well.

As we reached the common room, everyone cheered and a smile spread across my face. "Open them!" Megan shouted in excitement as two golden eggs were present in front of everyone. Then a cluster of yeahs followed. Cedric and I looked at each other. "Three. Two. One," we said at the same time and opened the eggs.

A high-pitched sound was let out, almost like screaming. I put my ear against my shoulder as everyone covered their ears. The ringing was unbearable and at once I closed the egg, and Cedric followed. "What on earth?" I muttered, examining the egg.

"They make you fight a full grown Dragon for an egg that lets out a deafening sound!" one Hufflepuff scoffed in annoyance.

"It must be some sort of clue or ah- "Cedric replied and then let out a small groan as he tried to take a step forward.

Megan then at once started, "Okay, okay guys, let these two rest! Really, the both of you should really go to your rooms"

"I would like to stay down here," I protested.

"As would I" Cedric followed as he took a seat in front of the fire. Megan crossed her hands and wandered away.

Cedric then looked at me. "How are you doing?"

"The same as you, really. You did fantastic, though, the strategies you used and-"

Cedric formed a weak smile. "-thanks. I see you got the Nebulus spell right then. Even better than me"

"Thank you," I said with a brief smile. I then turned my attention towards one of my arms and unwrapped the gauze. It was as it had been a couple of hours and was stained as well. "Accio gauze," I whispered with a small flick of my wand, and the gauze from the table fell into my hand. I then opened the roll of gauze and then struggled to put it on with my weaker hand.

Cedric then said sarcastically, "Why don't you let me do it? I can not stand to watch you fail at this any longer" and took the gauze from me and wrapped it around my arm carefully.

"Thanks, you should change yours too" I pointed with my hand at my palm.

"Yeah. I don't know if I like this," he murmured.

"At least we don't have to show up for classes, no?"

"There you go, all done," Cedric said as he put the gauze to the side. He then sat down on the carpet, leaning against the sofa in front of the fire. He had his knees up to his chest and his hands entwined, resting on his knees. He then looked up at me. I just replied with a nod and closed my eyes.

~

I remember I slept perfectly that night after struggling to fall asleep. Every bone in my body hurt, and the pain in my arms was excruciating and intolerable. I thought to myself, why not go to the hospital wing? But it was too far and too late. That's why I got out of bed and pulled out some medication from my bag. Advil. I popped out two tablets from the leaf, thinking this should be enough. Really, I didn't know how much I was supposed to take for something like this.

I looked around as I slid back into bed and slowly fell asleep.

~

"Y/n, wake up! You're going to miss breakfast" Megan tugged on my arm repeatedly until I woke up.