Chapter 18 ~ Midday at the library

"Careful, careful, slowly, slowly, slow-"

I then quickly move the tongs I'm holding and place them on the table. Megan and I are in potions right now and she hovers over me as I attempt to place a bit of fluxweed in the potion we're brewing. "I got that, okay. Why don't you go start cleaning up?"

Megan then busies herself 'cleaning up'. I then pick up the fluxweed and put it over the cauldron. Before Megan tries to say anything I drop it into the potion. She jumps back. The potion turns a weird blue color.

I then turn around "See, it's fine"

"Exceptional at best" Snape offers as he walks around the classroom.

"See"

I then pull out the stool under the table and take a seat. I begin to circle anomalies in out results and calculate averages. "So, it is evident that the more fluxweed added increases the rate of reaction, proving our hypothesis"

Megan just nodded and I scribbled it down making it sound more scientific. "So?"

"So?"

We honestly did not have much to talk about. "What are you doing later on?" Meg asked.

"Just gonna chill in my room, maybe visit the library"

"Oh yeah, I forgot I already asked you that"

~

I sat in the Hufflepuff common room on the sofa with a piece of parchment and quill on my lap. I decided to write a letter to my mother instead. 

Dear Mama, 

I  hope you're doing good at home and taking it easy.

I'm writing to ask if you're going to be coming to Hogwarts for the second task of the Triwizard championship? I'd really love it, if you could. I'm sure Edmund and Cleo would too!

It's okay if not, I understand that things have been very difficult for you since Dad. 

The first task was fighting a dragon (I'm sure you've read about it) It was honestly terrifying and I couldn't have done it with Edmund and his help.

The Yule ball is also coming up, I'm going with George as friends though. Megan's been alright too. 

We've been taking classes more easy this year but don't worry I'm still studying. 

There's so much more I want to say. I just get caught up and continue writing.

You know, I love you so much and during the first task I couldn't stop thinking about you and what would happen to everyone if something ever happened to me. I don't know what I would do if something happened to you and how I could live on.

I know Dad's gone but I don't want you to be gone.

You know, everything's changed. 

I feel super distant from the three of you. I feel Cleo and I don't even talk unless it's necessary or when I start the conversation. I feel like Edmunds too busy to be hanging out with me and is constantly annoyed by my presence.

Why can't we go back like, how it used to be?

Where everything was fine.

I miss the weekends when we'd all have breakfast together and just laugh and talk.

I love when we would do things together, the four of us.

But, that's never going to happen because no matter how hard I try to keep us together we just keep falling apart. Maybe that's how it's meant to be.