Chapter 30 ~ Get Ready

28/11/22 - Ignore the date 

The next morning we all were sitting in the Great Hall, eyelids drooping and stifling yawns. Fred was exasperated, and lightly banged his forehead on the Gryffindor table. "Kill me. Now." There was no nice way to put it, it was absolutely dreadful carrying a leaf in your mouth. My jaw hurt from constantly trying not to swallow it. I most certainly couldn't feel the top of my mouth anymore. Fred started again, running a hand through his hair, "I've swallowed it almost five times, this hour alone! How am I supposed to eat?" 

George perches his head on his hand, looking disheartened, "We don't eat." We each had a glass of orange juice placed in front of us, to rid us of our appetites. 

"Alright, what do we have first this morning? I asked, stifling a yawn which filled my eyes with water. 

Fred hissed, "Not breakfast that is." Megan rolled her eyes, waving her Charms book in front of me.  Out of all of us, she remained the most composed. I smiled timidly. "My favourite." We still had forty minutes till Charms. 

Megan stood up, adjusting her tie turning to her watch. "Well, I don't know about the three of your lazy arses, but I must get my hands on this new textbook arriving at the library today." and she hurried away in the direction of the library. 

I yawned once more, putting a hand on Georges arm, looking around the Great Hall for Cedric Diggory. Instead, I found my brother at the Slytherin table laughing with Louis. The two of them, fighting, or not, it was getting hard to keep up. 

Right after Charms, I hurried off to the Hufflepuff common room, to grab my Ancient Runes homework. To my delight, I was met with the lovely Cedric tying his laces. I smiled sweetly,"Hi, Ced" He smiled, moving me to give me a tight hug, "Hey, love"  he smelled of vanilla. "How's your day been so far?" I ask as he holds me from my lower back.

He leans down, "Excellent" and kisses me, and looks back at me, "So, where are we on about our date?" 

I attempt to suppress a smile, but grin really big, "A date? That sounds really nice, I'm free anytime this weekend."

Cedric tilts his head to the side, "It's settled then, tomorrow at eight pm sharp." There's nobody in the common room, which is a first. The light gives the room a very soft glow and suddenly I felt really lethargic. Cedric pushed my chin upwards, and butterflies filtered into me. He looked into my eyes and then slowly came closer and our lips connected. I pulled away remembering the leaf stuck in my mouth "I can't wait, I'll see you then, Mr. Diggory" I say softly, with a wink. A lazy smile forms on his face.. 

He then holds my arm as I turn around to leave, pulling me towards him. Face inches apart, "I'll see you tomorrow, love." This is when I hoped he couldn't tell how red I was turning. I then went to my room, scrambling to find my homework. Once I found it, I stopped at my wooden full-length mirror next to my bed. I then burst out into a smile. I was smiling like an idiot.

~

The four of us were in the Gryffindor Common Room, where I had just delivered my exciting news. Fred was lying down in front of the fire, playing with a balloon. Megan and George on the carpet, leaning against the sofa. "I don't think I know what I've got myself into, what am I supposed to wear, w-what am I supposed to say-"

Megan cuts me off, "Suddenly, she's forgotten to speak! Haven't you ever talked to him, when he would come over during the summer?"

Fred sits up, "I know exactly what you can wear, nice grey coloured dress pants, and a white shirt with a grey coat and deep brown shoes, with an emerald green robe, and to tie it all off, with a point red hat." My face goes still, the four of us looking back at each other.

I break out into a small smile, "Well, I'm not trying to look like a clown." I say playfully, throwing a cushion at him.

Fred lets go of his balloon, George seizing it. "Wh- Hey! My balloon! Give it back."

George raises his eyebrows, hit it up lightly in the air repeatedly, "Oh? Oh, yeah? You want it, come and take it." As his brother goes to take it mid-air he hits the balloon over to Megan. Megan stands up and spikes it to me. 

I tilt my head, reaching my hand out"Oh come on guys, now lets not be mean . . . " George and Megan look defeat, ready to annoy Fred. Fred comes over, "Thank yo-"

I then spike it over to George, "Hah! You thought"

After what feelings like ten minutes, Fred finally catches the red balloon, landing on the carpet right in front of the fire. Breathing heavily, raising an arm up in victory. At once a loud pop goes off, making us all flinch. An echo of disappointment bombardes the red head. 

A few Gryffindors look startled and some unfazed. 

"That was my bad. So, tell me how did you manage to a land a date with this Diggory boy?" Fred asks, flattening his sweater.

I shrug, "It just sort of happened and-"

George then puts an arm around me, pulling me in, "You know, if he does give you any trouble, just gives us the word and we'll uh . . . you know uh - go fix him up, have a word if you will? Isn't that right Fred?" 

Fred nods, "That's right, oh and uh we'll fix him up real nice."