Chapter 25 ~ Feelings

I couldn't just comprehend what happened. We sat together and the awkward tension began rising before I finally came up with a valid excuse for visiting my brother.

I did want to see him. I made my way to the dungeons. I mutter the password and walk-in. I don't know what I was doing in here. I get a few looks in my direction and look for my brother. I sort of stand in the corner picking up a book, waiting for him. He then comes down with a smug smile on his face whilst looking at Louis, who follows behind. "Oh? Are you ok?" Edmund asks walking towards me.

I then nod, "Yeah, um, I'm feeling better."

He then looks at me once again suspecting something, "why do I feel as if something's wrong?"

I shrug and Louis makes himself useful somewhere else, "I think the panic is starting to settle in, for the second task. Besides, I don't seem to have anything to do these days"

He nods, as we both sit on the sofa, "Yeah, well. I think you must talk to Neville I heard he's good with plants, maybe there's something for swimming under the water? I really don't know how to help you." he then sighs, "stay, with me. We can just do something me and you" he says putting a hand on the side of his head, elbow leaning on the top of the sofa.

I glance over to Louis, "I feel like I'm intruding, maybe some other time." before I can go my brother takes a hold of my arm.

"Come on, never. Anything you want"

"It's okay."

I felt like I was being a nuisance, he was just saying that.

Edmund

After Y/n leaves, I just make my way to classes, and so forth. The next few days pass by and I find myself talking to Theodore a lot.

A few days passed by and I just made my way to classes and attempted to keep my distance from Louis. One day I just walk aimlessly here and there, bored out of my mind. The sunlight in the corridor breaks through the windows and sparkles like gold, on the walls. I just leaned against the wall and stared at the light. I love it when the sun touches, making everything golden and beautiful.

I hold a book in my hand. Jane Eyre. I borrowed a copy from my sister. I then sat down, leaning against the wall opposite the window, sunlight bathing me. I then chuckle as I remember Y/n telling me to be careful with the book. No creases, nor cracked spines. I then sigh and begin to read.

I melt into Jane Eyre's world. I'm at the part where she's at Thornfield Hall. So really, not too far in the book. I'd read the book before, can't hurt to read it again.

I miss it, what life was like before, not that I can even remember, but in my head, it all seemed much better. Oh, the things I would do to go back one more time, to relish and feel what I felt then and not take it for granted.

Who knew that would be turning into a memory? That's what I wish to go back to.

~

One day, I sit in the common room tossing a ball from one hand to another. I then notice Louis watching me and I meet his eyes, not nicely. It's not that I mean to look rude, that's just how I am. That's when I have a sudden realization "You take Herbology right? You really, really like it don't you? A passion one could say?"

"Mhm, yeah, I suppose why?"

"D'you think you could help me with something?" I ask bluntly, my eyebrows moving down.

"Depends,"

"Fair enough"

He then walked over, taking a seat in front of me, I leaned in and then he followed, "D'you think you could get your hands on some gillyweed or-"