Chapter 32 ~ Sweet Days

Over the next two weeks, our bond continued to strengthen, and our relationship blossomed. Cedric and I spent countless hours together, exploring the enchanting corridors of Hogwarts and sharing secrets and dreams. The more time we spent together, the more I felt my heart open up to him, and a sense of comfort and security settled within me. His presence brought out the best in me, filling me with confidence and a renewed sense of purpose.

In the warm and inviting atmosphere of the Gryffindor common room, Megan, Fred, George, and I gathered closely in a secluded corner, our expressions twisted with discomfort as the bitter tang of the mandrake leaf invaded our mouths. It was enough to make us recoil, and our grumbles of discontent escaped involuntarily. "Ugh, I can't stand this any longer!" Fred exclaimed, his features contorting in sheer disgust. "Who would've thought that the journey to becoming an Animagus would involve such distasteful ingredients?"

With a nod of understanding, George's eyes welled up slightly from the unpleasant taste. "Absolutely. I swear, this leaf is more repulsive than a Flobberworm's slimy trail."

Meanwhile, Megan, the epitome of studiousness, sought refuge within the pages of a book, desperately seeking solace in her research. Her brow furrowed in concentration as she delved into McGonagall's instructions, occasionally murmuring to herself. "As per McGonagall's guidelines, the subsequent step following the mandrake leaf entails inserting our saliva-soaked leaf and adding one of our own hairs."

Puzzled glances were exchanged among us, our minds racing to find the perfect location for our next task. Then, like a mischievous spark igniting in his eyes, George's face lit up with a knowing grin. "I've got it!" he exclaimed, his excitement contagious. "The Forbidden Forest! It's brimming with untouched dew, the ideal ingredient we need!" Fred and I shared a mixture of apprehensive and intrigued looks. The Forbidden Forest had a reputation for danger, yet the thrill of progressing further on our Animagus journey stirred our curiosity.

Once we had all agreed and laid out our plan to venture into the forbidden depths, exhaustion began to weigh heavily upon me. With a yawn escaping my lips, I bid my friend goodnight and steeled myself for the long walk down to the kitchens. The darkness enveloped the corridors, lending them an eerie and desolate air. I quickened my pace, my heart pounding with the anticipation that something might leap out at me, just as it often did when I foolishly wandered around in the dead of night.

My grip tightened around my wand as the sound of approaching footsteps reached my ears, only to discover they were merely fellow students hastening their return before catching the attention of a watchful teacher or prefect. With a sigh of relief, I shuffled wearily into the common room, seeking solace from the lingering discomfort of the Mandrake leaf. The taste persisted, causing a slight shiver to run through me. I quickly unwrapped a mint and popped it into my mouth. 

Cedric, seated by the crackling fire, had his back turned to me "Where were you?" he called out, his voice carrying a mix of curiosity and concern. As he turned around, a mischievous grin appeared on his face. "I missed you," he added, his words tinged with playful affection.

A smile spread across my face, and I happily settled beside Cedric, enveloping him in a tight embrace. "I missed you too," I whispered back, savouring the warmth of his presence. I gently planted a soft kiss on his lips, feeling a sense of contentment in that simple moment. Holding his hand. 

Cedric playfully teased, as, as he wondered aloud if I would be interested in attending the upcoming Quidditch match. Then, with a sudden burst of excitement, Cedric finally revealed the surprise. "I got tickets!" he exclaimed, a wide grin stretching across his face. The upcoming match was none other than The Holyhead Harpies versus The Bulgarian National Quidditch team, a showdown that promised to be nothing short of thrilling.