Chapter 1. A beginning of a Prince

Five Years Later...

Knock, knock, knock!

Winter jolted awake to the sound of three loud knocks on his bedroom door, startling him as he sat up straight as the sound of his heavy breathing filled chilly air around him. He blinked rapidly as the light shone on his tired eyes, feeling the searing warmth of the blankets he was sitting on, above this slab of rock-hard ice. When he glanced underneath him on his ice-cold bed and realised what just happened, he still breathed heavily. Full of his icewing sweat.

Ugh... not again...

Even after all these years. He still remembers his horrible memories so clear as day of his past. That day, that nightmare that he couldn't forget no matter how he tried. 

He just can't forget, unlike everything else after surviving that blizzard.

Winter look around his room, his empty room, there was no paintings, no plants, only a desk next a window, and his carpet underneath his bed.

His nightmares are getting worse, every time he tries to think something else that piece of his memory will always haunt him back since he was a dragonet.

After surviving the harsh, deadly blizzard, the dragons who knew where he was gone was certain he died from the blizzard, prince of the icewings, was no more.

Until the day he dragged himself to the palace gates one chilly morning, while preparing his ceremony was shocked to see the sight of him. As that morning they heard tapping sound and opened the door to only find as others watched a young, small dragonet, the same dragonet that they thought who died from the blizzard.

And on that day, they still have a accurate description of him, his wings are frozen shut, liquid that froze into icicles dripping down his snout, and later found out his entire left hind leg stopped completely.

It was a horrific and worrying sight to see, especially to a dragonet, with many stopped what they were doing and rushed in to check on him, with many not knowing what happened to him or who he was as he was immediately sent to the healers asap. 

And lucky for him, after days in the healers, he survived.

While he began to recover, he could remember he was able to feel many parts of his body again as he began to gain consciousness many days after the blizzard.

And when he woke up he was greeting with... nothing... no one was there but the doctor, who gave him medicine and told him he needed rest and sleep.

While laying on the bed, young winter secretly hoped his parents would come, to see if their son would be alright, or even maybe to visit to see if he was alive.

Hope for his parents, that they will be proud as well...

But when hours went by... they never came.

After days of waiting for them, he eventually was back in full health. He couldn't remember much, his mind was still fuzzy after the weeks long recovery. But the one thing he was able to remembered, was the promise.

And from now on that was his goal, every day he'll get up and work hard until he reaches it. So he won't give up, no matter how many obstacles are in his way. And that's what he believed in, and that's where he is now.

But now it's time to get up.

He always hated mornings, the need to wake up early, the groggy feeling in his mind, and his body always felt so weird. Mostly because of the many nightmares keeping him up late at night... And the worst thing of all is training! Why does it have to be so painful and early in the morning?! Maybe because it's Monday, his favourite day of the week... yay!