Chapter 4. Captain of the icewings

The thought of a dragon becoming friends with him feels like a chance to catch an extinct animal. One in a million, yet... he found one, and so enjoyable to be with. Apparently, this was what winter missed after all these times. Having a friend.

After meeting Squall, they introduced themselves and talked about many, many things and found out they had so much in common. Like he loves scrolls, fantasy and adventure theme scrolls and so does winter now, after Squall introduced him to some of the fairies tales he found from the other tribe, he didn't ask how he got them but they are amazing! They are stories that are other than the mighty icewing and how great they are, how they defeated the same evil dragons from other tribes and blah blah blah, but among these stories, there are incredible adventures filled with imagination. With a lot of thought and love put into these that are so interesting, there was one that caught his eye.

The adventure of cons. An amazing, yet simple story.

It's about a leader, a heroic, passionate dragon who, along with his army, races to the edge to fight off challenges while facing the evil dragons. Then fighting what is right and ultimately winning the battle which never gets old. Winter knows this is very cliché for any story with this base, a good dragon defeating the baddies and would bore anyone to death if this kept repeating with eventually the good winning in the end.

But winter loves it, and that's all he cares about, not only the story but the characters that made it. It felt like they were real, not just some non-real dragons whose expressions are overly dramatic like "I'm gonna protect the dragons I love" say-it-out-loud type of stories like queen coral make. (No offense but he really hates those scrolls) and the many force credit it has like the lost princess because the queen made them is just laughable. And Including the ones that everyone agrees that is just horrible to read, behind the queen's back of course.

In the adventure of cons characters, he's talking about how they express themselves, how the author made the characters so likable and real in the scrolls, where fantasy makes it real that could come to life like his favourite character. Not a protagonist, or the antagonist of the story. It was the leader of the group. Someone, he looks up to in his favourite stories.

Prime, that was his name. Not an incredible name, nor a fierce name that brings fear to his enemies eyes, just prime, the leader of the cons, and that was it.

He is so wise all the time, so friendly to others, the way he puts a sentence into words makes him feel calm, and gets so serious when someone gets in trouble and awesome in a battle no matter the cost. And make things look possible even when the enemies had the upper hand. Obviously, the author had a wonderful father to get so much of an inspiration, unlike his.

And that's why he's his favorite, he wants to be like him when he's older, to be him. Or someone like him at least, to do wonderful things, not for power or being superior to others, to just want to make them see that he and they are equal, so dragons can see him as a friendly guy, to help each other when things look uncertain. So he can be loved...

Anyways enough about him, let's talk about what has been happening in the last six days before he has to get back to the palace. The place where he wishes he wasn't a failure.

They had been hanging out, a lot due to the fact there was a giant blizzard hissing outside of their doorstep caves with dangerous trees falling from the sky. It's been very nice and warm thanks to Squall's incredible inventions. Or should I say mind-blowing!

Like the stones, he saw when they first met to make fire before the start of the blizzard, he said it was flint and steel. The straps that hold things for him are just like bags and pouches but can get it way easier. And some sort of armour that could cover your neck, which is impossible for some blacksmiths can't do no matter how they tried! These were things that were so simple, things that made him a genius.