Chapter 10. The First Battle from an Old Rival

"We're soldiers hailstorm! We don't question... we act!" A mysterious voice called from the abyss, echoing the words from the seeming-less void. "Hand over the scroll, that's an order Hailstorm!"

He tried to talk hailstorm out, but he wasn't budging with the scroll holding protectively on his talons. "We can't let that get that information out-!"

"We have to... it's our moral obligation..." Hailstorm argued.

"But hailstorm..."

"We can't let this war go on with this... if you want the scrolls..." hailstorm continued. "You gonna have to kill me..." 

"Don't make me choose between my kingdom and you..." the dragon muttered as he trembled on the inside, knowing what has to be done so his home would be protected. Under his talon, there was a weapon waiting to be used. "You're like a brother to me-"

"Then look me in the eyes when you do it... tell my winty..."

"-I love him..."

________________________________________________________________________________

They flew for the majority of the trip, pit stops after pit stops getting closer and closer to their destination. When days stroll by, it feels like months to winter. All he does is flap his wings over and over again just to stop a little farther than the last place they begin and it's just boring. Guess flying in hundreds is slower than a few.

Because the most interesting part, he could think of during the flight is a flower flying into the husky mouth when he was flying, which somehow flew all the way up there.

And it was hilarious as you can imagine. Speaking of husky.

Other than, flying around when they stop for something like water or more supplies. More during that time tried to learn more about the fallen outpost that the dragons who were stationed there lost. And winter also tried to connect with the soldiers that he and his commander were supposed to lead. So to be better he tried his best to connect with his troops so they could trust him more than a stupid royal. Most dragons did after some time spent time with him but not completely, but some plain out ignored him because they think he's some sort of royal a*****e... ouch...

And winter noticed that no soldiers, not even his friend Silver, dared talk to their commander without permission. And if that's not the worst part he feels every minute being with her, or doing anything, it was a second closer to his demise. Sword sharpening more harshly near him, her tail flicks more frequently, pretty sure she drew his face in the dirt then she used her sword to stab it multiple times until it completely disappeared.

But when anyone asked, including himself with permission, she said it was 'sword practice'.

... lots of red flags, to put it all together she is very scary and very mean.

Other than the issue and the tension between his commander, he was able to know Silver's friends much more after the party. And gotta say, they are a blast to be with, except Frost he's... just say his relationship with him is problematic.

Sometimes he comes out to say a few things, but most of the time he tries his best to avoid Winter, and he can see it in his eyes. Must be hard hiding when he's as big as a mudwing. 

Floe, he's very brave, that's what dragon called him in battle, vicious, and one of the best fighters this legion has. They respect him too, even when it's hard because he's very shy, so winter tried to communicate with him and didn't say much so he couldn't learn much about him. With a few mumbles, and some 'yes's' and 'no' but winter didn't push further than that.