Chapter 6. Training and Choices of The Past

For some dragons, the greatest thing in their life that they experience in their life is their family or meeting someone again after many years from someplace far away, or going somewhere fantastical that puts you in a feeling there's magic in the air. Obviously not for winter, since he has never experienced that, but he does get to experience something else.

Lynx and Squall, two of his closest friends, lend their paws to him.

He learned so much more about leadership from both of them than just being a typical prince.

Having more ways to fight, new techniques, and alternative ways to learn rather than through a teacher. That male is not supposed to learn from normal schools.

Honestly, without her and him, he wouldn't be the winter today and someone that he wouldn't forget. Things he wouldn't know about this stuff thanks to her after the meeting on Gem beach, but she said it was a thank you for what he did. And he appreciated it with everything in his heart.

After the events of their meeting on Gem beach. They both agreed that she is going to help him to become better...

Almost literally everything thanks to the schools, as lynx pretty much knows everything. From astronomy to fighting dragons in the most efficient way possible.

It took a lot of courage to approach Queen Glacier because she's the ruler of the tribe and always busy with things that make her quite snappy. Especially with the uncomfortable crown on her head. Thus, when they decided to visit her, she was muttering to herself on one of the balconies of the ice palace, saying how infuriating it is to be approached by them.

In every situation, she should be yelling at them because of her mood, but unexpectedly, she welcomed them and said it's good to have company that wasn't an adviser of the war.

They talked about many things, such as the unfair education system and whether or not he was ready to be a captain. Which was reasonable.

Her agreement came after seeing what winter can do and she agreed that they would be able to collaborate after training. And Glacier will reschedule them so they finish at the same time, so they won't have an impact on their ranking the next day. And delayed him to become a captain until he is ready to fight, but that's all she can do, even when she's queen, too much complication if she changes the system.

But that's all they need, from glacier who really is the best aunt in the world.

And they did just that, every day after school they will go to the library together to read scrolls from the female section which holy moly there's so much compared to them. The males only have fighting scrolls and basic stuff, guess icewing society wants the males to be soldiers, and no wonder why they are so bad at deciding stuff... it was unfair, that's why he is trying to make it fair, for a better future for everyone to the fullest as a captain.

Reading after pages and pages with help with lynx, of course, they read day after day after school was finished and he really enjoyed time studying for once, mainly because of lynx.

Of course, there were plenty of rumors about them, because classic students who are very annoying and who spread fake things about them, like they are actually dating and you know... K-I-S-S-I-N-G type of thing and thinking they're in a secret relationship with few already making couple names about them. But those really decayed by lynx's 'MIGHTY deadly stares' which freaked the moons out from a lot of dragons, except winter he really finds it cute as he has seen much scarier things than her 'MIGHTY deadly stares'... much more. Also, the face after she makes her stare is just adorable.

Lynx might be this kind, bubbly dragon all the time, but she can be the dragon in your nightmare, a speed demon in battle, and a force not to be reckoned with. Also, she said she'll eat strawberries, which for some reason she likes. As a result, he becomes concerned about her, since icewings do not eat fruit. And it scares him, so many seeds...