Chapter 10

Kennedy's POV

Dragging myself out of bed this morning was a lot harder than usual. I'd been up most of the night with mum ; she threw up three different times during the night, and none of those times was she able to get to the bathroom in time.

I swear I'll be having nightmares about changing fitted sheets for the next ten years after last night.

On top of that , I feel like I'm coming down with some sort of flu-like cold as a result of being caught in the rain yesterday ; my throat feels raw from how much I've been coughing , and even worse , I'm having to breath out of my mouth due to my nose being completely blocked up.

I was almost late for school again this morning for several different reasons. One of them being mum's hospital carer arriving at our front door at 6am this morning to take her back into hospital. I rung her carer last night in a panic after mum had been sick for the third time in a matter of maybe two hours , but she said not to panic , that mum would be okay , and that she'd be at our house early in the morning to bring mum back into hospital where she could receive better , twenty four/hour care.

The lady arrived at 6 but didn't leave until almost half past seven , due to mum making a fuss over packing her things and making sure that I'd be okay on my own.

When she'd finally left , I only had 20 minutes until I had to leave the house in order to not be in a rush. It took me ten minutes alone to cover up the bruise that had formed on my right cheek after Gavins episode yesterday. Luckily for me , the bruise was light , and with a bit of concealer , was easy enough to hide.

Once again , he hadn't come home after storming out last night , which fortunately meant that I didn't have to deal with him this morning too.

Upon arriving to school, I sat in the library for a while to keep warm , until the movement bell sounded signalling that we had to make our way to our form rooms.

When I arrived at Hi9 , Rosie was not yet there and neither were any other students. Nevertheless, I took my seat in the middle of the second row and then put my head down on the desk ; my lack of sleep was already catching up on me and it wasn't even nine o'clock yet.

I listened as footsteps surrounded me and people began entering the classroom , some alone , and others chatting with friends. It was a few minutes before I heard the classroom door shut and the sound of high heels knocking against the classroom floor.

"Morning everyone, I feel like crap so just talk amongst yourselves for the twenty minutes, not too loudly though unless you want me to actually pass out , and then feel free to just leave as soon as the bell goes.."

I looked up when I heard Rosie's voice ; I'm not sure what it was about her that seemed different, but today she looked even sexier than usual.

I bit my lip as my eyes scanned down her body , stooping down to her partially exposed chest (respectfully of course) , down along her legs and then back up again to the glasses perched on the top her head. Everything about her just seemed enhanced; and this is how she looks when she feels like crap? There's no hope for the rest of us.

I think she may of been able to feel my gaze fixated on her , as after just a few seconds , she looked up from her laptop and met my stare. I felt myself blushing and so almost immediately looked away , avoiding her gaze as I waited for the pink in my cheeks to disappear.

Exhausted, I just put my head back down onto the desk and sighed , waiting out the twenty minutes until I had to go to my first class.

I don't know how long had passed before I felt somebody's presence directly opposite me. I slowly looked up to see who it was and realised that it was Rosie ; she was crouched down in front of me with her elbows resting on my desk , her expression wearing a small smile as well as a certain degree of concern.