Chapter 14

Rosie's POV

Sighing nonchalantly, I closed my classroom door behind me and placed my bag on top of my desk. I then let go of Evie's leash , unclipped it from her collar and let her roam around the room. I don't bring her to school everyday , but since it's Friday , I thought I may as well.

Folded up neatly, I placed Kennedy's jacket onto her desk for her to pick up when she gets here later this morning. I stupidly forgot I was even wearing it last night ,  and only remembered when Chris pointed it out to me in the car on the way back from the park , long after Kennedy had gone home.

Chris wouldn't shut up about Kennedy last night , and when I finally steered her away from the subject of one of my students, she then managed to focus the conversation onto my love life , or lack of , if I'm being completely honest. I don't see why i should have to have settled down by now ; when i tell people I'm in my late twenties but not yet married with at least one child , they act as if I'd just told them I'd murdered somebody ; I don't understand the concept at all?

I snapped out of my thoughts at the sound of the morning bell ringing and footsteps beginning to echo throughout the hallway.

"Evie , bed.." I said , which got her to lay down on her pillow at the front of the class.

Holding up the remote to the projector and turning it on , I nodded at the students that began filing into the room and I watched as they all took their seats.

"Morning , Miss.." Emily greeted me as she took a seat in the back.

"Morning , hun.." I responded mindlessly.

The full five minutes had passed and finally the late bell had rung , signalling the start of the day. I closed my classroom door and then scanned my eyes around the room , and empty seat in the middle of the second row staring back at me.

She's not here? Maybe she's just late.

With everyone , apart from Kennedy , sat down in their seats , I walked up to my desk and perched myself on the edge of it , ready to address the class.

"I know it's Friday but I need you all to pay attention for a minute.." I said , causing the last few that were still talking to their friends to turn their heads.

"Okay those of you who are in my history put your hands up for a second please." I asked and they did as they were told.

"Twelve , thirteen..Okay you can put your hands down.." I said as I finished counting.

"Well first of all , those 13 of you , your homework is due last period so if you haven't done it yet I would probably get on that if I were you. And second of all , I'd just like to warn you that during our 2 hour lesson tomorrow , we're getting visitors who will be sitting in for the duration of the class. Please just do me a favour and don't act like idiots.." I said , earning a few chuckles from around the room.

I smiled , "Okay , I need to do the register before site team turn up and scream at me for not doing it early enough.." I said as I picked up my laptop and rested it on my lap.

"Micheal?" I called out.

"Yes miss.." he replied.

"Jordan?"

"Yes miss.."

"Aaliyah?"

"Yes miss.."

———

After completing the register , I sent it off to reception and then took a seat in my chair behind my desk , pulling out my phone in order to check and reply to emails for the remaining 10 minutes of form time.