Chapter 17

Kennedy's POV

Monday morning has rolled back around again so unbelievably quickly. After visiting mum in hospital as well as working two late shifts this weekend at the pub , I'm absolutely exhausted and already feel in desperate need of a break , despite it being only the second week of term.

That being said however, I can't help but feel excited about going into school purely because of the fact that I get to see Rosie this morning. I found myself thinking about her basically the entire weekend ; replaying the 2 hour conversation we had in the café in my head was really the only thing that got me through my shifts at work. Even though she's a teacher , and most teachers scare me , I feel at ease when I'm with her.

As the morning bell sounded signalling the start of the day , I walked swiftly through the school courtyard towards Rosie's classroom for form , smiling at Ms Wilson on the way there who had Evie on a leash and was taking her on a walk around the site. Ms Wilson is Miss Foster's 'teacher bestie' I suppose you could say ; they're always together and Miss Wilson is constantly walking Evie or watching over her when Rosie's too busy.

Upon opening one of the double doors at the front of the Humanities block , my ears were immediately filled with the noise of younger kids walking around , talking , and laughing with their friends , at a volume way too loud for 8am on a Monday.

I need to get on that whole 'making friends' thing , I've spoken to a couple of people but I've not really solidified any friendships. If I'm honest, I'm quite an independent person and I'm not really overly bothered about joining a friendship group , I can't be fucked to deal with the drama that comes with it. That being said though, a friend I've had since I was probably 1 or 2 up in London is coming down to visit on Wednesday, I'm so excited to see her and have her spend the night.

Walking through Rosie's classroom door , I double checked my watch that I wasn't late or had gotten the time wrong ; the desks in the room were pretty much entirely full apart from the odd one and everybody else was already in there sat down , obviously waiting on Rosie to make an appearance. I wasn't late , I was still 3 minutes early , I suppose everybody's just on time today?

I sat down at my desk and set my bag down on the floor by my feet , pulling my phone out of my back-pocket to pass the time for the last couple of minutes before tutor starts.

It was a mere 30 odd seconds before I heard high heels clicking against the floors out in the hallway ; I looked up and smiled when I saw Rosie with Evie following behind her , walking towards the classroom.

"Morning.." she announced as she walked into the room.

I hate the word sexy , as I don't really think somebody's sex appeal should be used as a way to describe them , but if I were to call anyone sexy , Rosie would be that person. The way she walks and the way she talks is just so insanely attractive, she has this whole smoulder thing going for her while at the same time seeming like the most approachable person on earth.

Her hair looks slightly damp , consequent of a shower ; she's wearing a tight black pencil skirt that reaches a few inches above her knee , a plain white blouse , a simple and thin black cardigan layered underneath a light-weight black waterproof jacket , and a cream scarf draped around her neck. This woman wears the teacher attire better than anyone else I've ever seen , the fact that she's a teacher in the first place is also insanely sexy...What is wrong with me?

"How are we all?" , she addressed the class , placing her laptop down before sitting on top of her desk with her legs hanging over the side.

"Hungover.." Jackson groaned from the back row.

I rolled my eyes ; the majority of the kids in this class are pretty decent people , there's just the odd couple that act like stereotypical frat boys from every American coming of age-movie ever.